By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Watch dogs 2 is too cool for school

Looks fantastic

yes 57 41.30%

no 81 58.70%

Total:138

Assassin's Creed 2 was much better than the first. Perhaps we will see the same thing happening with Watch Dogs 2.

Around the Network

Looks interesting. I still need to play the first one. Im kind of hoping it ends up on PS+ soon

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

I like the fluidity of the main character movements (including parkour), driving a vehicle now looks fun... and the ATV scene looks like a blast.

They probably heard the world of the first game was boring af.

Johnw1104 said:

If a game is made by a big studio it seems to get a sequel whether it was great or "meh".

I hope that doesn't apply to The Order.

Watch_Dogs got a lot of bad reputation on forums but the "real world" was quite positive.

Metascore: PlayStation 4: 81% - Xbox One: 78% 

As of 31 December 2014, Watch Dogs has shipped 10 million copies. According to VGCartz it sold 9.4 million.

Around the Network

Can someone post the link? On mobile.

To me, it looks like a game made for 'bros', if that makes sense. I don't know, it leaves me impression that the aesthetics presented here are the conceptualization of some suit guys in their fifties of "coolness".

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

baloofarsan said:
Johnw1104 said:

If a game is made by a big studio it seems to get a sequel whether it was great or "meh".

I hope that doesn't apply to The Order.

Watch_Dogs got a lot of bad reputation on forums but the "real world" was quite positive.

Metascore: PlayStation 4: 81% - Xbox One: 78% 

As of 31 December 2014, Watch Dogs has shipped 10 million copies. According to VGCartz it sold 9.4 million.

Oh I know it did well on metacritic, it's the best example of what an enormous amount of marketing, coupled with some good ol' fashioned bribery of the game journalists via free tablets (I don't think that actually had much impact but I find it hilarious), can do for a game in recent times. It's not unlike film reviewers, where they'll occasionally get swept in the hype and visuals as well such as the initial reviews for the Phantom Menace (which were more positive than negative) before admitting to themselves in time that it was not very good lol

If you plaster enough images/trailers of it on TV, the internet, and posters, and have the people behind the register ask if you'd like to preorder it each time you head to Gamestop (at least that was my experience), you'll sell a lot of games. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

i wish companies would stop revealing games right before E3