By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which system will have more physical 2017 Western releases? PSV v Wii U

Which system will get more Physical titles in 2017?

PS Vita 62 49.21%

Wii U 32 25.40%

PS Vita, but Wii U will s... 27 21.43%

Wii U, but PS Vita will s... 5 3.97%

Total:126

Has the Wii U ever had more retail releases in a year compared to Vita?

Vita already has 2 confirmed for next year and 2 more have a vague "Winter 2016" release window so they may be out in Jan/Feb.

Wii U had fuck all this year in comparison to Vita so I don't think that will change.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Around the Network

with the ps3 getting games till 2017 (persona 5 and it is a physical release) I have no doubt that the ps vita will remain longer than that and will have more physical games than the wiiu.

I think both Wii U and PS Vita will die at about the same period. I'm expecting 2017 to be the last year for both.

PS Vita will probably have more japanese games in 2017, but since we're talking about NA, I think I'll say Wii U. Also, lots of Vita games are releasing on Steam and/or PS4 for NA regions.

Vita with authority from the looks of it. I was going to guess Vita, but really didn't know for sure.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Boutros said:
Limited Run Games will release plenty of PSV games to retail. For that reason the PSV should win.

This indeed

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network

None of them are likely to get any significant western releases in 2017, so the topic is kind of pointless at this point.

Vita offcourse, NX is coming in march and it will definitely be some kind of replacement for Wii U despite Nintendo statement that NX "isn't simple replacement for Wii U or 3DS". Also Nintendo plans to sell only 800k units of Wii U in year ending 31. March 2017, that means Wii U will be completly dead after NX arives on market.

PS vita will have more in both 2016 and 2017, than the Wii U.

Obviously Wii U. Vita has been dead for years and Wii U already has Zelda and Yooka Laylee will probably also get a retail release. Nintendo has also promised more Wii U games even after the NX launch. I expect like 6 first party games, some Indie games and the anually Lego, Just Dance and Skylanders games. Should be a good year for Wii U owners!

Quite a lot of vita games being released recently makes the race already over, I think I saw at least 10 new games recently, some tower defense games, 2 neptunia games, grand kingdom, odin sphere among others, on the pre order list in the netherlands are 12 games, and on the WII u list only 8.

Twitter @CyberMalistix