By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Full version of Gran Turismo 5 over a year away....

If it's not a demo, then why release a game under the same name this year and again next year? Not much sense right there. Fact of the matter, if the prologue version will be so massive, it might end up hurting the actual game in sales. Because we still don't really know what the differences will be between both games. Do we even know if there will be damage modeling? Last i heard, rather not.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Around the Network
Wojtas said:
If it's not a demo, then why release a game under the same name this year and again next year? Not much sense right there. Fact of the matter, if the prologue version will be so massive, it might end up hurting the actual game in sales. Because we still don't really know what the differences will be between both games. Do we even know if there will be damage modeling? Last i heard, rather not.

GT4 Prologue, and all the GT Concept games never hurt sales. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Wojtas said:
If it's not a demo, then why release a game under the same name this year and again next year?
Not much sense right there. Fact of the matter, if the prologue version will be so massive, it might end up hurting the actual game in sales. Because we still don't really know what the differences will be between both games. Do we even know if there will be damage modeling? Last i heard, rather not.

Good point. let's ask EA Sports that question. :P

I don't get the whinning here. This isn't the first time they've done this. Don't like it? Don't buy the game.

Although I find the most whinning are  usually coming from people who don't even own the console. *sighs*

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Were those games ever as big as this prologue is shaping up to be? Right now you have people talking about the game as if it were the actual GT:5. I don't hear voices saying: whoah if this is only a "demo" then how great is the real game?" i only hear :"yeahh, best racing sim ever." Where does that leave GT5 ?

@KingOfWales 

I supposed that your snazzy remark means that you're ok with paying 100$ for one game? In two different packages? That's what it's actually about in this thread. People are just ok with being lured into paying almost twice the price for the same game? Or will someone try to prove me that both of the games are vastly different from one another?

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

The only Bullcrap is you calling it a demo, GT5p is more a full game then half the wii games you own.

Around the Network

Go cry elsewhere Mars, from a difinitional standpoint i'm right calling GT5:P a demo, as it just does what a demo does. I agree that for a demo it is quite a game, but nontheless it is only a portion of what we are to expect in GT5, am i not right?

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

@KingOfWales

I supposed that your snazzy remark means that you're ok with paying 100$ for one game? In two different packages? That's what it's actually about in this thread. People are just ok with being lured into paying almost twice the price for the same game? Or will someone try to prove me that both of the games are vastly different from one another?

My "snazzy remark" represents my view on this topic, DOn't like it? Don't buy the game, Nobody is forcing you to.

Do what I'm going to do, wait for a year and then buy GT5. Nobody is asking you to buy GT5P, and certainly nobody is making you buy BOTH

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Mars said:
The only Bullcrap is you calling it a demo, GT5p is more a full game then half the wii games you own.

Keep the trolling down Mars.  Wojtas, try not to be so confrontational. 

Wojtas said:

At least according to gamepro: http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=172168

What do you guys think about it? Does this seem credible? Or maybe this a fast one on Sony's side to raise the sales of the prologue version? IMO opinion this is just bullcrap to make a "demo" of a game and ask for 40$ and later on expect people to shell out another 60$ for the real thing.

What are Your thoughts?

Maybe compared to other Gran Turismo's it seems like a demo, but there are other racing games with less that charges a full $60

There may only be one GT game on the PS3 due to the PSN and if thats the case they can take all the time they want. Too many great games this year anyways, the full GT5 game can come next year along side the FF games.