By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy is back baby

Tagged games:

It's PS2 era all over again! :D

Around the Network

Yeah a ps4 is a must for a final fantasy fan. They get to play world of Final Fantasy and FFXV this year, plus the FF12 remake and Dissidia next year.

Happy the vita gets world of Final Fantasy though. Very interested to see how it does.

think-man said:

Sqaure Enix is serious about bringing Final Fantasy back to revelance. What better time than now to be a Final Fantasy fan? After years of disappiontment I'm going to be hasty and say it's all come to an end.

We have:

Final Fantasy XV arriving in September 2016.

World of Final Fantasy arriving in October 2016.

Final Fantasy XII HD remaster arriving 2017.

Final Fantasy VII Remake release date tbh.

Final Fantasy Dissidia PS4 (No officical announcement but have said 1-2 years after arcade release)

Final Fantasy Movie Kingsglaive (July 2016)

And Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius (2016) If you like mobile games.

Who else is excited about whats to come? :)

Oh my goodness.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Final Fantasy is more than a "back baby".

I pretty much know I'm going to really enjoy FF15 and I'll be buying FF12 and FF7remake but the others i won't be getting. Really excited for those 3 though.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network
The Fury said:
Honestly, if they really want to get FF back in people's minds and hearts, they need a good release schedule of the main series. This line up though is moving forward in a good way, Dissidia is a nice change of pace, World of look cute and fun with more traditional gameplay. FFXII HD version is well FF12 so great anyway.

However, when I'm more excited about the FF12 HD version than 15 or 7 Remake, something has gone wrong, in my view.

It's cause mainline Final Fantasy have higher exceptations, if FF15 was still versus then people will be more forgiving but as soon as you make it the next mainline title then you expect well above average. That's my view on it anyway.

Wright said:

It never went away.

Honestly was gonna say this:

2009 to 2010

Final Fantasy Dissidia arriving in August 2009 for PSP

Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers arriving in Novemeber 2009 in Japan for Wii

Final Fantasy XIII arriving in March 2010 to PS3/Xbox360

Final Fantasy VII, VIII, Tactics & IX arriving on PSN Store from 2009 to May 2010

Final Fantasy Cystal Defenders Vanguard Storm/Dimensions if you like Mobile games. 

Also these titles during that time frame: The 4 Heroes of Light,Cyrstal Chronicles my life as a darklord, IV The After Years,  Echoes of Time. 

BasilZero said:

I've been playing FF games non-stop - looks like I'll be doing the same for the next few years as well :p

Since 2012 (when I started noting what I've beaten and stuff)....

Final Fantasy I & II Dawn of Souls (GBA) - October 2012
Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core (PSP) - December 2012
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3) - January 2013
Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX) - August 2013
Final Fantasy III (NES) - January 2014
Final Fantasy IV Advance (GBA) - October 2014
Final Fantasy V Advance (GBA) - April 2015
Final Fantasy VI Advance (GBA) - July 2015
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (PS4) - January 2016
Final Fantasy VII (PC) - March 2016

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy VIII (PC)

Gonna be playing next - Final Fantasy IX (PC) , Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA), Final Fantasy Legend III (GB), Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD (PS3)

I've subbed to you so ill watch that FFIX playthrough for sure.

Acevil said:
Wright said:

It never went away.

Honestly was gonna say this:

2009 to 2010

Final Fantasy Dissidia arriving in August 2009 for PSP

Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers arriving in Novemeber 2009 in Japan for Wii

Final Fantasy XIII arriving in March 2010 to PS3/Xbox360

Final Fantasy VII, VIII, Tactics & IX arriving on PSN Store from 2009 to May 2010

Final Fantasy Cystal Defenders Vanguard Storm/Dimensions if you like Mobile games. 

Also these titles during that time frame: The 4 Heroes of Light,Cyrstal Chronicles my life as a darklord, IV The After Years,  Echoes of Time. 

I didn't include the stuff that's just arrived on Steam FFIX, and FF10 HD plus we just had the release of Final Fantasy Explorers on 3DS in January 2016.

I'm more concerned with getting the old high quality Square-Enix back, and that definitely seems to be the case this summer. My heart still hopes they bring back some classics, or even better, start doing more new IPs like in the PS1 days.