By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Nintendo still developing games for the DS?

Ok, just too lazy to check myself.

However, with the massive third party support for DS, how much does Nintendo still develop for it? Has it shifted its focus to Wii? Does it still need to develop for DS?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

Yep I also notice this I was expecting NSMB2 but it never came the last good first party I play on the ds was zelda but they have also have other games like advance wars.

So basically: "Are they still supporting the fastest-selling game system ever made, which is annihilating all competition and even outselling their wildly popular console by 100,000 a week?"

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

A few weeks ago they said they were shifting resources to DS. They are still gonna support it though, just not as much. There is a new Fire Emblem on the way and another Kirby game may be appearing and there are going to be a few unannounced titles in the works yet. Don't worry DS support is still strong just not as strong.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

There's a few known Nintendo-made games still coming for the DS (like the upcoming Fire Emlem game, Dragon of Darkness and Sword of Light, assuming it's not canceled or anything). But their primary focus right now is definitely the Wii.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
So basically: "Are they still supporting the fastest-selling game system ever made, which is annihilating all competition and even outselling their wildly popular console by 100,000 a week?"

Lol I was gonna say something like that. :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Can anybody please tell me which had better 3rd party support the gameboy advance or the ds?

are you serious? yes of course they are still develop for the ds wait until e3 nintend will reveal a lot of games for the ds

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

From their press site they add only:

04/20/08 Pok�mon� Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time DS
04/20/08 Pok�mon� Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness DS
05/05/08 Crosswords DS� DS

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Sherlock99 said:
are you serious? yes of course they are still develop for the ds wait until e3 nintend will reveal a lot of games for the ds

I also though that sherlock I will wait till the E3.