By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Fox Zero might be the end of the Star Fox series

Pavolink said:
Nintendo and Miyamoto's arrogance has to come to an end as soon as possible.
Nintendo needs to understand that they have to do the games we ask for, and for the unasked games they are going to get only flops.

yeah, just like animal crossing happy home designer

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Nintendo needs to understand that they have to do the games we ask for, and for the unasked games they are going to get only flops.

Honestly I think this is a very dumb train of though, there are a lot of great Nintendo games that were completely unasked yet they were complete hits (Animal Crossing comes quick to my mind), that's the thing about innovating and risking, even the Wii itself was a complete unasked console and it was certainly not a flop.

Following your logic all games Nintendo make should be always the same, because that's what people is always asking, the same. The same Mario as Mario 64, the same Zelda as Ocarina of time, the same Metroid as Prime, etc etc etc, always the same. And of course a lot of good franchises would not exist because no one asked for them.

I don't think the series is dead, it's too iconic for Nintendo. As one of the starchildren of the SNES-N64, it won't be never trully abandoned. However, I can see it jumping a generation. Maybe Nintendo should try again with another IP, I'm sure people would love to see an HD F-Zero (without motion controls, they had their chance, keep them optional). I'd personally love to see a reboot of Ice Climbers as a N64 collect-a-thon game.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Not sure if it means the end of the franchise but we won't see a new star fox game for a LONG time.

IMO some of Nintendo s IP s like Starfox will end up staying alive only on mobile - it is unfortunate- I m sure a quality Starfox would have sold much better

Around the Network

Well... maybe if they cared more about the controls than the gimmicks...

You will end up seeing that every single series will end up not beeing profitable if you keep doing that.

Starfox deserved better. I don't like Miyamoto bashing, but it's clear his stubburness ruined this one. Skyward sword was not enough of a lesson apparantly.

Anfebious said:
Pavolink said:

Maelstrom... is that you?

Anyway this.

PS: Who is this zhugeEX guy? Is he a prophet?

Hes a guy with access to NPDs, who must have some sort of analystical background (his predictions are scary good as well).

JRPGfan said:
Anfebious said:

Maelstrom... is that you?

Anyway this.

PS: Who is this zhugeEX guy? Is he a prophet?

Hes a guy with access to NPDs, who must have some sort of analystical background (his predictions are scary good as well).

He is a prophet then. Got it.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Valdath said:
There's plenty of people who want Star Fox.
They just don't want weird motion controls in a game that needs precision and fast reflexes.

How about they make a real new Star Fox game instead of using the IP as an excuse to try out weird new control options?

Oh really? And what it would be the best option? Aiming control with the right analogic? All of you that bash the game for the controls are completely clueless.

Tip: When you face a game that has controls that you are not used with it... practice it! I'm sure if you are Star Fox fan, you will enjoy the game as you get better with it.

We reap what we sow

RolStoppable said:
Dunban67 said:
IMO some of Nintendo s IP s like Starfox will end up staying alive only on mobile - it is unfortunate- I m sure a quality Starfox would have sold much better

Now that is very unlikely. I am refering to first part of your post.

Nintendo won't make mobile games of IPs that aren't present on dedicated Nintendo hardware.

You may e correct- but think of it like this-  They make a mobile Starfox game that becomes very  popular which may create demand for a full console Starfox-  I can see mobile working a variety of ways-  1) symbiotic relationship between a current console game and current mobile game of the same IP- 2) keeping older less used IP "fresh" in the minds of consumers w out the risk/expense of creating a full console game 3) a way to create demand  or get an idea of demand for particular IP's

thre are other ways to use the 2 platfroms (or 3 if handheld)  and probably some ways no one has though of yet -    

I only hope Nintendo does not get too short sighted-  IMO the biggest threat to their console brand/market is if mobile takes off big and fast-  Investors will push very hard for the lower risk and shorter term profits at the expesne of the greater risk longer term profits/brand value of the consoles