By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Should kids have a chance to grow up and decide what gender they are, or should parents change their sex early on?

No offense, but are we now going to just not give people genders when they're kids? Come on. It's not "forcing" genders as Tumblerland likes to call it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

You don't decide your gender, this isn't a Bethesda game, simple as that.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Fact # 1.

You cannot choose your sex, it is decided naturally at conception.

Fact # 2.

If anyone believes they are trapped in the wrong body they have a serious psychological problem and need to seek help immediately.

Fact # 3.

Pretending to be of the opposite sex or mutilating your body will NEVER enable you to change what is biologically set.

Fact # 4.

The fact that we are actually struggling with understanding these basic biological facts is indicative of serious brainwashing.

Fact # 5.

Some individuals will believe that I am the one who is brainwashed and reject every single fact that I said above because it is unpleasant to them.

Shackkobe said:

Fact # 1.

You cannot choose your sex, it is decided naturally at conception.

Fact # 2.

If anyone believes they are trapped in the wrong body they have a serious psychological problem and need to seek help immediately.

Fact # 3.

Pretending to be of the opposite sex or mutilating your body will NEVER enable you to change what is biologically set.

Fact # 4.

The fact that we are actually struggling with understanding these basic biological facts is indicative of serious brainwashing.

Fact # 5.

Some individuals will believe that I am the one who is brainwashed and reject every single fact that I said above because it is unpleasant to them.

I 100% agree. Either you have XY or XX chromosomes. It is that simple. Sure there are the very rare cases of children born with varying sex organs or what not, but the genes do not lie. I think it is insane if a parent were to make their child a sex that they are actually not. It disgusts me and frightens me for a child when I read stories online and people apllauding parents when they let their 6 year old girl or boy say they want to be the opposite sex and the parent full on just lets them go with it. Scary world. This whole gender fluidity and other stuff just really is insane to me. 

Now you can blame my beliefs or call me narrow-minded, but genetics do not lie.

If someone wants to change their sex that is entirely up to them and does not mean they have any serious psychological problems.

Around the Network

ive been reading up on lot of transgender news and historical events, and from what Ive seen, today's view of "transgenderism" is far different from what it originally met. in its original form, being transgender was simply not following the system, and taking the jobs or roles of the opposite sex. whether it be a profession, the kind of clothing you wear, usually it did only affect females (at least thats all history chose to write about) but there have been cases of males as well. they would actually live this lifestyle for even years before even considering to identify themselves as the opposite gender.

but in todays society, we have decided to throw out all gender-assigned expectations. there are no longer "male" jobs and there are no longer "female" jobs. "male" and "female" clothing doesnt exist. im not saying i entirely agree with that, but what are you gonna do about it? anyways, because of this it is now seen as alright to just at any given moment identify as the opposite gender, even if you dont have a differing personality, and i think thats the problem. people are literally forgetting what gender is. this is also why many people dont see transgender as a natural thing, but rather just the newest teen style. ive personally started calling them "new transgenders" because they are far from the original thing.

if you ask me, anyone under 10 probably has no grasp of gender identity. they just do whatever they feel like doing because thats what kids do. and it is the job of a parent to keep their kids on the right track in life. i mean think about it, these parents have got to be in their late 20s, 30s, or later right? why should a person of that age take anything a 2-year-old says seriously?

It should be the kid's decision.

Spurge I know you don't like generic threads, but come on

The person should keep their gender there assigned at birth and maybe when they are 16 or above they can decide which gender they feel like they belong to.

Live and let live.