By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation E3 2016 Press Conference Thread - It's over!

Tagged games:

Around the Network
poklane said:

4chan (huge mountain of salt) rumor:

"I work for french gaming magazine and IF the things I've been told are true, Sony is going to cause immense butthurt across the whole world.
They have few big japanese exclusives but they have a exclusive/timed exclusive from Rockstar.
Oh and that Spider-Man thing is real, Insomniac is developing it, original story, Sony is publishing, PS4 only, highly stylized cartoon look."

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/340512818/its-happening

If this is about that Crash Skylander thing..... Fuck yeah I'll be immensely butthurt. 

Retweeted by Cory Barlog

poklane said:

"I work for french gaming magazine and IF the things I've been told are true, Sony is going to cause immense butthurt across the whole world.
They have few big japanese exclusives but they have a exclusive/timed exclusive from Rockstar.
Oh and that Spider-Man thing is real, Insomniac is developing it, original story, Sony is publishing, PS4 only, highly stylized cartoon look."

Seams reasonable.

PS4 has the sales lead so it's cheaper for them to get big exclusives.

poklane said:

This is hugely exciting as all those 4? games (2 big Japanese games + Rockstar game + Spidey game from Insomniac) could potentially interest me. But I agree. Gotta remember to bring a lot of salt when you visit 4chan.

This helps a little after that awful Crash leak :(

BraLoD said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Devil May Cry 5 and Resident Evil 7 at the same E3? Wow.

Then either DMC 5 or RE 7 must be slated for Capcom's next financial year (starting April 1, 2017) cause they only have 3 big games slated for this year. No matter what, it'd be great. Maybe DMC 5 is 1 of the 2 rumored big Japanese PS4 exclusives. They wouldn't dare to make RE 7 exclusive, right?

Monster Hunter is confirmed to be 1 of them

Dead Rising 4 is (almost) confirmed to be the other 2 million unit-range

Resident Evil 7 must be the last game or do they/you really think DMC 5 could sell 4 million?

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Mike_L said:

Then either DMC 5 or RE 7 must be slated for Capcom's next financial year (starting April 1, 2017) cause they only have 3 big games slated for this year. No matter what, it'd be great. Maybe DMC 5 is 1 of the 2 rumored big Japanese PS4 exclusives. They wouldn't dare to make RE 7 exclusive, right?

Resident Evil 7 must be the last game or do they/you really think DMC 5 could sell 4 million?

Those are sales expected to happen this year right? Because if not Resident Evil isn't one of those, because there is no way Capcom expect only 4M sales for RE.

Hmm. I guess you're right about that (unless it's an exclusive RE game and unless they've lowered their overall expectations after SFV).

At the same time though, wouldn't 4 million be too much to expect from a DMC game in this day and age (especially if it's exclusive)?

Mike_L said:
poklane said:

This is hugely exciting as all those 4? games (2 big Japanese games + Rockstar game + Spidey game from Insomniac) could potentially interest me. But I agree. Gotta remember to bring a lot of salt when you visit 4chan.

BraLoD said:

Devil May Cry 5 and Resident Evil 7 at the same E3? Wow.

The 2M unit-range for the Monster Hunter title could definitely be an indeed that this one is going to be a PS4 game!
But wouldn't it be more clever to announce it at Tokyo Game Show than E3?
Btw I am 100% sure that one of the other 2 major games is Resident Evil 7. ^^

BraLoD said:
Dr.Vita said:

The 2M unit-range for the Monster Hunter title could definitely be an ideed that this one is going to be a PS4 game!

It may be because it'll be a Japan exclusive game for a good while, 2M on Japan alone for a MH handheld title sounds about right.

Don't destroy my hopes BraLoD... xD

Dr.Vita said:
Mike_L said:

The 2M unit-range for the Monster Hunter title could definitely be an indeed that this one is going to be a PS4 game!
Btw I am 100% sure that one of the other 2 major games is Resident Evil 7. ^^

You could be right about the MH title being for PS4/home consoles because iirc the MH creator wanted the next MH game to have HD graphics. But then again. The next Nintendo handheld may be strong enough to run games in HD?

BraLoD said:
Mike_L said:

Hmm. I guess you're right about that (unless it's an exclusive RE game and unless they've lowered their overall expectations after SFV).

At the same time though, wouldn't 4 million be too much to expect from a DMC game in this day and age (especially if it's exclusive)?

It seems like it's for a single year sales.

Anyway, RE and DMC the same E3 would be great, maybe they don't consider Dead Rising a major title anymore, even less expect it to sell 2M on a single year only on XBO (DR 3 didn't yet).

It seems like DMC 5 won't happen (at least anytime soon): He says he "booked the role years ago, but due to scheduling conflicts it didn't actually come into fruition".

BraLoD said:
Mike_L said:

You could be right about the MH title being for PS4/home consoles because iirc the MH creator wanted the next MH game to have HD graphics. But then again. The next Nintendo handheld may be strong enough to run games in HD?

It seems like DMC 5 won't happen (at least anytime soon): He says he "booked the role years ago, but due to scheduling conflicts it didn't actually come into fruition".

NerdLeaks, the guys behind leaking the supposedly new God of War footage was teasing it at their tweeter, though.

Yeah, but unfortunately I think NerdLeaks based it on this rumor that just got updated after contacting the voice actor and being told that the project (DMC 5) didn't come into fruition.

Well, we can always hope that this update is just Capcom/Sony/other trying to stop the spreading of this leak :p