By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation E3 2016 Press Conference Thread - It's over!

Tagged games:

BraLoD said:
Mike_L said:

And I really wanted a Spidey game from Sucker Punch XD

Well, if Sucker Punch is not doing it I hope they move from inFAMOUS as well, time to try something new.

So true! Thank you! I mean c'mon!

Give us something interesting for christ's sake (new IP/Spidey/The Getaway/Sly/etc).

We gotta stand up and show that dick bananaking that we don't want Infamous: Second Son 2!

<3

Around the Network
animegaming said:
BraLoD said:

Well, if Sucker Punch is not doing it I hope they move from inFAMOUS as well, time to try something new.

Or maybe Sly 5 or remake of the first Sly for the movie just like the Ratchet remake. (:

LET A MAN DREAM PLEASE!!!! ):

This is pre-E3, good a time as any to dream! Would like to see that as well :)

Lots of people on GAF saying Activision lost the rights to Spiderman games, does anyone here know why they're saying this? The only official statement I can find says Activisions owns the rights to games based on "movie sequels and new television series." through 2017 http://investor.activision.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?releaseid=180674
I know that Activision had to pull multiple Spiderman games back in 2014, but from what I can find those Spiderman games are unique and 1 was partially based on comic-books, which Activision lost the rights to, but I can't find anything on them losing the rights to movie-based games and television series-based games. When they had to pull those games due to licensing issues they did not pull a game based on the movie The Amazing Spider-Man indicating that at that time they stilled owned at least the rights to games based on movies, and they even released a sequel in April 2014. Both games are also still available for purchase on PSN, XBL and Steam with Activision as publisher, if Activision lost the rights they would have been pulled.

Shinobi and a mod confirmed that the Spiderman game is NOT being developed by Sucker Punch

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=206127955&postcount=5857
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=206128085&postcount=5858

poklane said:

Lots of people on GAF saying Activision lost the rights to Spiderman games, does anyone here know why they're saying this? The only official statement I can find says Activisions owns the rights to games based on "movie sequels and new television series." through 2017 http://investor.activision.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?releaseid=180674
I know that Activision had to pull multiple Spiderman games back in 2014, but from what I can find those Spiderman games are unique and 1 was partially based on comic-books, which Activision lost the rights to, but I can't find anything on them losing the rights to movie-based games and television series-based games. When they had to pull those games due to licensing issues they did not pull a game based on the movie The Amazing Spider-Man indicating that at that time they stilled owned at least the rights to games based on movies, and they even released a sequel in April 2014. Both games are also still available for purchase on PSN, XBL and Steam with Activision as publisher, if Activision lost the rights they would have been pulled.

Hard to say if the video game licensing worked like it does with Fox's X-Men and Fantastic  films and Sony's Spider-Man where they need to make a film within at most 7 years to get a film for those properties into production or the film rights are reverted back to Marvel Studios. Which would mean that Activsion still has 4 more years left to make a Spider-Man game. But there is a good chance that the video games rights work differently then the movies rights and perhaps something to Activision Marvel license that we are unaware of like a couple years ago both Marvel Ulitmate Aliances and Deadpool were pulled from digital services but last year the Ultimate Aliances games were put back on Xbox Live and Deadpool was put back on Steam and PSN. Hopefully when the Spider-Man gets revealed we will get some claffication on what is going with the Spider-Man game rights.

Around the Network

New Spidey by Insomniac...

Holy shit guys, I think you guys are missing the big picture here.
WE ARE ACTUALLY GETTING MORE EXCLUSIVES FROM INSOMNIAC. I seriously thought that Ratchet would be the last exclusive and that Insomniac finally found a publisher and their next game would be Sunset Overdrive 2 for PS4/XBO.
And since Sucker Punch isn't working on Spiderman, we're getting Spiderman and whatever they're working on.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Don't think we can be sure it is exclusive anymore. There has been rumours and it may happen, but I'd say it could go either way

Insomniac knows where the money is! $$$!

In Sony We Trust!

BraLoD said:
Ali_16x said:
Holy shit guys, I think you guys are missing the big picture here.
WE ARE ACTUALLY GETTING MORE EXCLUSIVES FROM INSOMNIAC. I seriously thought that Ratchet would be the last exclusive and that Insomniac finally found a publisher and their next game would be Sunset Overdrive 2 for PS4/XBO.
And since Sucker Punch isn't working on Spiderman, we're getting Spiderman and whatever they're working on.

Sony has to buy Insomniac, then Crash and Spyro back from Activision as well.
That would be awesome.

i don't think Insomniac is interested in being bought out by anyone and would rather just remain working with various different publishers.