By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should Platinum Games, stop making licensed games?

Should Platinum Games stop making smaller licensed games?

YES, dear God yes!!! 75 60.48%

No 41 33.06%

See results 8 6.45%

Total:124

I'm not buying them, so I honestly dont care. Their output of bigger, high quality releases hasn't decreased. If making cheaper, licenced games help fund their bigger games, then I think they should continue.

Around the Network
mjo011 said:
I'm not buying them, so I honestly dont care. Their output of bigger, high quality releases hasn't decreased. If making cheaper, licenced games help fund their bigger games, then I think they should continue.

But think of all the people who haven't bought a bigger budgeted game from Platinum (and judging by the way their games sell, it's quite a few people). If one of these were my first experience from them, it'd be like if someones first Rare experience was one of the Kinect games they made. 

They're probably not financially able to not take these license game jobs from publishers.

Gotta put food on the table somehow.

As long as they reinvest licenced games money into greatness, I'm fine. I can't wait for Nier Automata.

Around the Network

Just don't bite off more than you can chew. Understand you gotta pay the bills but try not to hurt your brand in the process.

Well, at least they got money from Activision, just a little bit. (>.o) _F

It's obvious that the small team they have developing these games is their B stuff.

But it is hurting their rep, so they should stop.

Gotta pay the bills.

It's either this, or platinum make no games at all tbh.

Contact work covers the costs to make their own software.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

No. They get money from those games, which are made by minor teams with probably reduced deadlines.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.