By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. June bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

BraLoD said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:

It like a regular jrpg, correct? Not one of those tactical ones where you can only move a few squares at a time?

It plays mostly as a dungeon crawler, it's turn-based and not a strategy game.
It's also a bit of a life simulator, you have to go to school and manage your relationships with other characters (which is how you improve your abilities, as the social links levels are what give access to higher tier Personas, that also make it a monsters collection game).

It's like Digimon + The Sims, but dark and all based on Japanese culture.
It's really good.

Cool, i'll definitely check it out then. I like pretty much all rpg's, except for the tactical ones, that i menationed above. Thanks for the clarity.

Around the Network

4 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#17 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle (same)
#44 XB1 Three Game Bundle (up 8)
#69 N3DS Black (down 5)
#97 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 21)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#01 PS4 Persona 5 PE (same)
#05 PS4 Horizon: Zero dawn CE (same)
#07 PS4 Persona 5 SBE (same)
#40 PS4 Star Ocean (down 1)

The PS5 Exists. 

Persona still holding on :)

Man I hope it does good, just to show all those people that say "turn based rpgs" cant sell well anymore they are wrong.

JRPGfan said:

Man I hope it does good, just to show all those people that say "turn based rpgs" cant sell well anymore they are wrong.

I'm sure that Persona 5 will be the best selling of the series.

JRPGfan said:

It's not that they don't sell, it's that to make a game as big as FFXV for example, you need to sell lots. If that game sells 5M it would be a failure. So if you want big, Turn-based it's a big nope, in fact I think FFs half-assed solutions are a big mistake, they're trying to please everyone and will probably fail. Everything in that game looks amazing, except the battle system which looks meh. I think Square needs to either go full Action RPG with FF or lower their scope and return to Turn-based.

Anyways I don't see what's so good about Turn-based, I always thought RPGs were like that because of hardware limitations and we played them in spite of that, and since Action RPGs battle system were also terrible it didn't matter. To my surprise about 5 years ago I found out that people actually enjoy Turn-based.

But in my case, after playing Demons' Souls and Dragon's Dogma, I just can't play Turn-based RPGs anymore, except maybe Persona but that's because you don't have to grind at all but it's still challenging on the hardest difficulty, I never re-visit floors on Persona and beat all through the dungeon boss in one go. Basically in Persona dungeon-crawling is only like 20% of the game, still the worst part of the game, in others RPGs is like 50% of the game and extremely boring and super repetitive.

I still like Tactic RPGs a lot though.

Around the Network

10 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#17 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle (same)
#47 XB1 Three Game Bundle (down 3)
#64 N3DS Black (up 5)
#87 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 10)
#92 Vita (re-entry)

#05 PS4 Horizon: Zero dawn CE (same)
#07 PS4 Persona 5 SBE (same)
#37 PS4 Star Ocean (up 3)

The PS5 Exists. 

4 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#19 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle (down 2)
#64 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 23)
#84 XB1 Three Game Bundle (down 37)
#85 N3DS Black (down 21)

#06 PS4 Horizon: Zero dawn CE (down 1)
#11 PS4 Persona 5 SBE (down 4)
#46 PS4 Star Ocean (down 9)

The PS5 Exists. 

5 hours since last update:

HARDWARE
#19 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle (same)
#34 XB1 Three Game Bundle (up 50)
#59 N3DS Black (up 26)
#86 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 22)

#06 PS4 Horizon: Zero dawn CE (same)
#15 PS4 Persona 5 SBE (down 4)
#44 PS4 Star Ocean (up 2)

UC4 still in the top 20. Something doesn't feel quite right about the way these consoles are jumping up or dropping down in such large amounts.

The PS5 Exists. 

HARDWARE
#18 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle
#40 XB1 Three Game Bundle
#49 N3DS Black
#72 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 22)

JRPGfan said:

They can definitely still sell well. It's just, imo, alot of them have become stale and have nothing to really set them apart from the others, like the plethora of shooters.