By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Battleborn one of the biggest flops this generation?

Just curious, as something caught my eye. Apparently we have some VGC numbers regarding the game Battleborn, and they tell a pretty nasty story:

Global Total as of 07th May 2016 (units): 0.11m (ps4)
Global Total as of 07th May 2016 (units): 0.07m (Xbox One)

Now this might not have such huge repercusion as the game could probably have some decent legs, but then we couple it with the fact that whatever hype this had pretty much vanished, either because gamers stop caring or because Overwatch truly overshadowed this game, and it's already on sale on the Xbox website. Now I'm not the biggest fan of Gearbox, and they've made their missteps with Duke Nukem and Alien, but they do have a name in this industry, thanks to Brother in Arms and Borderlands. This game probably won't recoup its investment, and it's pretty much a financial disaster for them, from where I see it.

Thoughts?

Around the Network

Probably. It just looks like a less polished version of Overwatch.

Mystro-Sama said:
Probably. It just looks like a less polished version of Overwatch.

It's literally nothing like Overwatch. Might as well say Overwatch is a bare bones version of Call of Duty.

Anyway, I play the game all the time on Xbone, never have trouble finding a game. I'd imagine PS4 population is higher. PC, who knows.

As for flop, would depend on 2k's expectations I guess.

Wow, what the heck? That seems pretty bad. It's on PC too right?

Maybe sales will get better? Though Overwatch seems to have just overshadowed this game.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Yes, it sold bad and the online community is pretty much dead.

Around the Network

It's not the biggest flop of the gen so far? Though I don't know how anyone didn't see this coming.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Pretty much... Overwatch raped it

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I liked it when it looked like a tps. When I found out it was first person, I didn't care anymore.

Not gonna lie, after Colonial Marines and Duke Nukem, it kinda gives me a malicious satisfaction to see a Gearbox game sell badly. They're one of the few devs I actively dislike.

Biggest flop of the year so far for sure. They advertised it to death also I'm guessing the game had a bigger advertising budget then production budget.