By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - X-Men: Apocalypse just opened to 65 million and a 15,663 per theater average- Are we going to stop badmouthing Batman VS Superman's Gross now?

Are you going to stop hating on Batmans box office total now?

Yes, it actually did well 29 22.83%

yes 7 5.51%

No, a billion is the magi... 19 14.96%

no 53 41.73%

see results 18 14.17%

other post below 1 0.79%

Total:127

I loved X-men and i think BvS was alright. I don't get the hate either, but it has already had consequences.

Around the Network

X-men is not exactly the most popular franchise 

Source

The only blockbuster is Days of Future Past and it might have to be due to how critically acclaimed it was by critics and audiences alike.

Also X-men are not as popular as the two most famous superheros ever.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Most people who hated BvS was cause the movie itself. Also everyone thought 1B was on lock and the real question was 1.5-2B... didn't happen. Its second weekend was terrible.

X-men didnt do that good yes but thats irrelevant to BvS which had way higher expectations

I don't think any superhero movie HAS to gross a billion to be considered succesfull, but I also don't think it was too high an expectation considering it had a 250k budget, starred the trinity or superheroes most known to mankind at the time Superhero films are in their most popular, the great precedent we had with Nolan's Batman films, and was supposed to kickstar the whole DCU.

BvS was meant to haul 1.2-1.5B and (to quote Snyder himself) "transcend the superhero genre". It is in no way redeemed by the failures of other movies, especially ones with more modest ambitions.

Around the Network

Lol of course not. Comparing X-Men to Batman V Superman is laughable.

Other, less popular superhero movies not doing as well doesn't take away from how badly BvS failed.

Also, it's not as if it doesn't deserve the crap it gets. It was a fucking terrible movie imho.

This has to be a joke. BvS was supposed to be DC's saving grace; a MEGA HAUL movie grossing $2B.....Xmen is not supposed to do that.
CIVIL WAR FTW!

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

To the OP, what does X-Men's box office opening have to do with BvS? This obsession with trying to excuse BvS has to cease. A good movie would stand on its own. I'm tired of reading threads stating" (insert movie title here) was (insert descriptor here) now what do you think of BvS?" The fact that this type of defense of BvS keeps coming up speaks volumes about the quality of the film.

I actually really dig this Xmen series. I don't get what all the hate is about.