By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Guardian (Footage/Info) BraLod And GG Say Nice Things And SWORDF1SH Feels Left Out.

Roronaa_chan said:
Ico and Sotc were like when you go on vacation to an exotic location, find a modest looking seaside restaurant that ends up servig you the best pancakes you ever had
Then you come back from vacation, look around for similar pancakes and nobody is able to replicate it, it's always missing something
Looking forward for more pancakes from Chef Ueda-san

It's more like a holiday romance in the Bahamas and then having to return home to your dumpy wife and screaming kids.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

I have 7 cats. They're not all the same..

BraLoD said:

You would be surprised to see how a cat is loyal to a good onwer, they'll actually refuse to bite a single person for doing what every other possible person (even another one it likes) would get bitten or scratched for doing, they preffer to struggle and run than betray THAT person (always only a choosen one).

I had a cat I saved when I was a kid that would get depressed when I was not around, it wouldn't eat or sleep until I got back (usually from school) and turn completely over to full happiness when I got back, cats can even follow a person blindly just by knowing them for their step pattern before actually seeing them, and even for unchrted places (that's a huge deal for cats as they can't settle until they've checked completely their surrondings as safe for them), or allow only a person to touch their newborn kittens.

Cats are hard to get along and independent, but they sure can be completely loyal, open and very well dealt with.

I know, I'm a cat lover, although I did eventually turn to dogs simply because I became a really active person and needed a pet I could share that with. I would fight for any animal but humans, not so much.

The PS5 Exists. 

Always a pleasure to see new footage of this masterpiece!!!

I'm not really feeling this game

But I never played Ico and SotC, so I'll give it a try

Around the Network

Jesus christ my most anticipated game ever since the initial reveal, loved SoTc so fucking much played it like 10 times!!!!!!!!

Can't believe it's real let's hope it's as good as SoTc!

Not convinced about the pet. It's like a giant ugly dog XD. Still, if the relationship is well developed, I might give it a try when I buy a PS4. SotC is one of my favourite games ever so I trust team ICO to make a great game.

GribbleGrunger said:
Natsu said:

So question cause I'm sorta interested in this game.. but what do you mean the animations and the emotional connections they add?

With TRICO it's all about the animations and making the animal feel and act in a realistic way. Watch all the footage and you'll start to see how well animated it is. Because it feels like a real creature, we relate in an emotional way (more so if you've ever owned a pet). This was the ambition of the game and it looks like they've pulled it off. The creature doesn't always do what you want either. Sometimes it will just refuse but over time, as the trust builds, those refusals become less.

(don't have time to watch it now) is it like a dog..? Cause I've had so many dogs o.O I've had lots of cats too buth mehh I've always liked dogs more.. Cats just kinda come to my house and live in the barn really. 

GribbleGrunger said:
BraLoD said:

You would be surprised to see how a cat is loyal to a good onwer, they'll actually refuse to bite a single person for doing what every other possible person (even another one it likes) would get bitten or scratched for doing, they preffer to struggle and run than betray THAT person (always only a choosen one).

I had a cat I saved when I was a kid that would get depressed when I was not around, it wouldn't eat or sleep until I got back (usually from school) and turn completely over to full happiness when I got back, cats can even follow a person blindly just by knowing them for their step pattern before actually seeing them, and even for unchrted places (that's a huge deal for cats as they can't settle until they've checked completely their surrondings as safe for them), or allow only a person to touch their newborn kittens.

Cats are hard to get along and independent, but they sure can be completely loyal, open and very well dealt with.

I know, I'm a cat lover, although I did eventually turn to dogs simply because I became a really active person and needed a pet I could share that with. I would fight for any animal but humans, not so much.

I am just reading all this is SHOCK! lol.

I don't have a problem against cats or animals for that matter; but i can't wrap my head around having pets. There are kids in parts of the world that doesnt have food to eat or even a plave to stay and would cost less providing stuff like that to them every month than what it costs looking after a pet.

Back when i was in premed and in ghana (I am not ghanian) and long before relocating to the carribeans i put 5 kids through what we call "primary school". and each kid cost me less than $100 a year to do that. Its not much, but i at least know that tjose kids can read and write now.... amd this is just one of many examples i can cite about my own personal gestures.

I dont even consider it as "charity", just feel that every human being has an obligation to help at least one complete stranger. And i mean really help.

Oh, i dont trust charity organizations either.

Intrinsic said:

I am just reading all this is SHOCK! lol.

I don't have a problem against cats or animals for that matter; but i can't wrap my head around having pets. There are kids in parts of the world that doesnt have food to eat or even a plave to stay and would cost less providing stuff like that to them every month than what it costs looking after a pet.

Back when i was in premed and in ghana (I am not ghanian) and long before relocating to the carribeans i put 5 kids through what we call "primary school". and each kid cost me less than $100 a year to do that. Its not much, but i at least know that tjose kids can read and write now.... amd this is just one of many examples i can cite about my own personal gestures.

I dont even consider it as "charity", just feel that every human being has an obligation to help at least one complete stranger. And i mean really help.

Oh, i dont trust charity organizations either.

In a broad sense you understand. I worked with the disabled for 8 months and every single one of them respected and trusted me, much to the chagrin of a particular teacher (ex accountant) who resented the fact I could accomplish more in a fag break than he could in a full term. I also worked in an old people's home where I witnessed elderly people getting ignored whilst pleading for the toilet and had to listen to them crying for attention while the staff took the long way around to avoid them. Those cigarette breaks are essential! I didn't last there long either because I refuse to walk passed a person in distress when a simple word and a little time can solve the problem.

Like I said, I'd fight for any animal but humans, not so much.

The PS5 Exists.