By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Guardian (Footage/Info) BraLod And GG Say Nice Things And SWORDF1SH Feels Left Out.

Natsu said:

So question cause I'm sorta interested in this game.. but what do you mean the animations and the emotional connections they add?

With TRICO it's all about the animations and making the animal feel and act in a realistic way. Watch all the footage and you'll start to see how well animated it is. Because it feels like a real creature, we relate in an emotional way (more so if you've ever owned a pet). This was the ambition of the game and it looks like they've pulled it off. The creature doesn't always do what you want either. Sometimes it will just refuse but over time, as the trust builds, those refusals become less.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Trico doesn't giving a shit for what you want sometimes is just like owning a real cat, lol XD

I'm not going to say I'm worried about that but it's going to be interesting to see how they ballance it between engagement and possible frustration.

The PS5 Exists. 

BraLoD said:

Ueda is concerned about that, so it'll be rather sutile thing, it won't batshit ignore you, it'll just weight things you do and things he wants to do, most likely, to be honest, I would like to see it doesn't giving a shit to you here and there, it's half cat afterall XD

If it's like a cat it will take 100 hours just to get out of the first location ...

The PS5 Exists. 

BraLoD said:

Maybe for you, I'm a cat master

There is no such thing.

The PS5 Exists. 

BraLoD said:

I'm the living proof there is

Cats are like women, you can be stroking them one minute and they purr, claw the air and narrow their eyes in glee and then the next minute, hook onto the hand that feeds them and leave deep scars. Men are like dogs, loyal to a fault but bite visciously if you constantly tread on their tale ...

But I'm not bitter.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

This has been confirmed for 2016 by the way:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/05/fumito-ueda-says-the-last-guardian-is-coming-this-year/

And just because those pics from IGN are not of a very good quality, here are some from Gamersyde:

The PS5 Exists. 

BraLoD said:
Can't wait to pet that bastard!

I'm flattered but he only likes it gentle.

Who am I kidding. Here. Touch it.

Someone who read EDGE on GAF:

Just read the article from EDGE a few minutes back. Turns out GenDesign did employ a physics engine on both the environment and Trico save for some instances where hand-made animation take over such as its eyes turn red and his feathers stand-up when agitated.

All in all, the article ends up noting the same vibe one gets in a fresh experience of ICO & SOTC which is a very very good thing. They remark on how much they focus too much on the aesthetic than look at the bigger picture GenDesign employs in their games. Every page gave me a smile considering the number of hype and preview articles that came behind it. They were baffled, confused and unable to pinpoint a reference point from other games other than Team Ico's because what they were experience was that UNIQUE!

The PS5 Exists. 

BraLoD said:
IDOLxISxDEAD said:
Still looks like a PS3 game just running at a higher resolution, it's pretty shoddy. I also question if anyone still cares about this game.

Let's see what you have to say about Mirror's Edge on XB1:

"Gotta love all these posts completely ignoring the idea of whether or not the game is actually good or not and only using what resolution it runs in as their criteria for buying it. 

I fear for the entire gaming industry over the next few years, with "gamers" like these."
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7880603

Uh oh, what's you fearing about the game industry with "gamers" complaining about stuff like that?

Gotta love your PS/Ninty hunt and MS white knithing, keep it out of this site, please.

Ha ha ha. 

Ouch. xD

Ico and Sotc were like when you go on vacation to an exotic location, find a modest looking seaside restaurant that ends up servig you the best pancakes you ever had
Then you come back from vacation, look around for similar pancakes and nobody is able to replicate it, it's always missing something
Looking forward for more pancakes from Chef Ueda-san