By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Damage coming to GT5 "very, very soon"...

From Videogaming247:

Polyphony Digital boss Kazanori Yamauchi has confirmed that car damage is finally on the way to Gran Turismo.

“We really, really want to put damage onto our vehicles,” he said, speaking in a video interview you can find after the link. “We’ve had a lot of discussions with the manufacturers and although at the beginning they hated the idea of deformation, now they’re slowly coming around to it. We’ve still got a few to convince, but we will. Expect deformation in the very near future: very, very soon.

Yamauchi was speaking on the eve of the release of GT5: Prologue in Europe, and far ahead of a 2009 release of the full version of GT5. While not saying whether or not damage would be included in GT5 next year, online updates are already confirmed for Prologue, and Yamauchi said that PSN delivery would continue to play a big part in the evolution of GT on PS3.

“Obviously, we wanted to do a next-gen Gran Turismo,” he said. “When the PS3 appeared, we realised that we needed a lot of time to develop properly on this hardware, so we gave ourselves four years yto come up with a complete programme. As a result, you’re not going to get Gran Turismo all in one go, but gradually, adding online elements and features as we go. The good thing is that it’ll have a long, long lifespan.”

Around the Network

Friggin sweet :P I wonder how well they'll be able to implement it :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Strange.  I wonder what that means.  How soon is "very, very soon?"

Deformation, as in, the car being ripped to shreds I hope?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Soon in Kaz's vocabulary can mean up to if not more then a year.

Around the Network
Mars said:
Soon in Kaz's vocabulary can mean up to if not more then a year.

Kaz didn't say this. >_>

as soon as weezy is free??
as soon as sony dominates??
as soon as the world ends??
or next year ....

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Probably a $5 download after release. :p

Good stuff
@ DKII, they have said they do not want to have extra dlc which you have to pay for, their extra income is coming from GT 5 Prologue

Car makers, naturally, don't want their cars to fail, even in a video game. But they don't want to be left out of this game because it is so big, so it will come. Subaru even introduced at car in America that wouldn't have even been considered because it was so popular in the game (I think it was the WRX, but don't remember at the moment).