By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: PS4 Entering Phase Of Making Profit.

I think when he said harvest, he meant they were just bringing in a shit ton of profit.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network

I would say now is the time where BIG profits will come, not only selling the HW for a profit

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

He said "Harvest" ?, this means that a new Haverst moon game will be show at E3.

DonFerrari said:
I would say now is the time where BIG profits will come, not only selling the HW for a profit

Agreed. They were making a profit before, but it's definately not as much as they're going to be making now.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Btw they said this is the time of harvesting profits,meaning that now they will start to see the bigger margins and more profits

Around the Network
vivster said:
He means that they finally figured out the ????? part.

Close thread.  We have a winner.  Briggle,  Briggle,  Briggle, Briggle,  Briggle... YEAH! 

More profit is always good! ^^

Don't enjoy being in the plus though and build up a nice war chest for ps5, quick launch ps4 neo and psvr. Dunno what the R&D are for those two, yet marketing will be a big chunk to convince people of either.

GribbleGrunger said:

I could have sworn Sony have said in the past that the hardware was making profit out of the gate. I wonder if he's referring to services and software?

variable cost was profitable but...

..hardware R&D.  launch marketing.  ps4 OS and API development.  these fixed costs need to be paid for as well and are probably in the hundreds of millions of dollars.  i'd say this statment implies they are payed off now and that the ps4 as a whole is now profitable.

Sony said they were not losing money on each console sold shortly after release. I think what he means is they can now start skimming off the top, now that Sony has a substanial surplus in that division and they can use it else where.