By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider VS Uncharted 4

Rise of the Tomb Raider 158 22.19%

Uncharted 4 554 77.81%

Total:712
onionberry said:
Lrdfancypants said:

I'm curious why you'd think you would be hated for your opinion.  From what I see on the Internet console exclusives, regardless of brand, typically have fairly equal amounts of people for or against them, if that's indeed what you're referring too. 

I bought Uncharted 4 and i like it a lot, I just think that the other is better and it's not getting the same attention cause it's not on playstation. I'm going to be hated cause it's not a popular opinion, and if you say that something is better than a ND game some fans can be to passionated with their responses, although so far everything seems polite. Minus the guy who said that women like tomb raider more, making this a gender thing...

Nahhh I don't think anyone will be hating on you as long as you are not irrationally disliking UC4. I am personally getting frustrated with people feeling UC has to be wall to wall shooting and hating on any deviation of pace or tonality. If you like TR more, that is totally fine!

No game is perfect and different things mean more or less to different people... obviously the focus of TR spoke to your preferences. It is good that there is variety to serve the tastes out there.

Around the Network

Relax onion, we aren't a bunch of rabid fanboys...Fuck, we are, aren't we?.

I think uncharted could learn from RotR, as the "treasures" in UC are merely for the trophy and add little to nothing to the overall feel of the game. The pages are pretty insightful however, and I enjoyed reading all of them. I plan to get RotR later on this year on PS4 but (based off the last TR), I'll give it to Uncharted 4.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Agree with the treasures in Uncharted games. It would be so much better if the treasures were actually part of the story and you get them through smaller puzzles and tombs you raid. Having played I:SS, I think they should have had missions similar to the origami story where you either use an app on your phone to get treasure or go on a site to put clues together.

I'll be playing both eventually but for now I have no opinion. I can say that I did multiple plays through of each Uncharted game. But with TR 2013 I only did one play through and really felt no desire to go through it again. I did a bit of post game play around to get a few of the collectible, but once I'd gotten the ones I wanted that was that, and I uninstalled it from my PS3 to give me more HDD space.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

TR reboot and it's sequel are soulless and boring, didnt even finish the first that i had for free.

But i guess everyone has it's opinion, hey some people also think that Killzone is better than Halo , so why not ?

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

You are entitled to your opinion. But mojority of people will disagree with you. One fault in the OP. If you want to compare visuals put Xbox One against PS4. Because comparing console visuals with PC isn't proper as PC will always have an advantage.

Aerys said:

TR reboot and it's sequel are soulless and boring, didnt even finish the first that i had for free.

But i guess everyone has it's opinion, hey some people also think that Killzone is better than Halo , so why not ?

Exactly.

Still have to play Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

If Rottr is as much a step up as AC2 was to the first one, it might have a chance. Tombraider 2013 felt like a me too FC3 to me. It wasn't bad and certainly pretty to look at, yet I had just played that game and FC3 was better at it in exploration, humor, gameplay, and characters. I might play it eventually, not for full price though.

From what i've heard its pretty much the same as the first game just slightly better and i prefer all Uncharted's to the Tomb raider reboot so i don't really see ROTR being better than UC4 for me. I'll find out soon though when it eventually releases on PS4.