By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The best JRPGs of the seventh gen? (BONUS: what about the worst?)

Tagged games:

Nier was criminally underrated last gen and I thought everything about it was amazing. Music, characters, story,world, etc. Personally thought it was one of the best jrpgs.

Worst one would be lightning returns I suppose. Took everything great from the original and just didn't work out well.

Around the Network

How about handhelds?
Because from memory I think the only JRPGS I played last gen is Pokemon Diamond, and Pokemon Soul Silver.

I mostly played MMO RPGS on PC.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
How about handhelds?

They're valid too. I mentioned the home consoles to narrow it to that specific era, but DS and PSP JRPGs are perfectly fine.

think-man said:
Ruler said:

The Last Remnant on PC

Really?  I haven't played it but heard it was baaad. I always thought it looked good tho

I thought the bad part was on the X360 version, I played it on the PC and it was goood .

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Tactics ogre let us cling together if srpgs count 

Around the Network

Best: Xenoblade Chronicles and Soma Bringer
Worst: Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy

collint0101 said:

Tactics ogre let us cling together if srpgs count 

mfw you're talking about a 1995 game.

Not very much into the genre, but I did enjoy Xenoblade Chronicles and Ni No Kuni. I do love the Souls games, but I don't know if those count.

How could I forgot Dragon's Dogma. That game is simply brilliant. Go play it if you haven't!

Platina said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

My favorite DS game, still bummed there was no sequel on 3DS.

Same here! Would have been amazing if there was a sequel

Yeah what happened? There should have been a sequel, on 3DS or WiiU. I mean the game writes itself - The World Ends with U.