By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 4 first week sell-through surpass 2.7 million, fastest-selling PS4 first party title to-date in NA and PAL Region

pitzy272 said:
Okay, so Uncharted 3 had a first week of 3.8 million shipped. VGC reports a first week sell thru of 1.3million. If Uncharted 4 sold THRU 2.7 million, why in the world would Sony not tout this as the best selling uncharted?? Makes me doubt whether uncharted 4 really did outsell U3 in first week. Also unimpressive that they report U4 being the fastest selling ps4 exclusive to date. I mean of course that was gonna happen.

When I first saw the 2.7mill sell thru for U4, I was really happy, but sonys wording in their announcement is odd.

Sony might not even have sell-through numbers for Uncharted 3 which makes it so that they can't actually say something like that.

Around the Network

The PS5 Exists. 

Congrats to ND. As expected.

JRPGfan said:
-Ack!- said:
2 million in bundles... anyone? =D

Nah... those where limited edition and more expensive models, than the CoD 3 bundle.

I was thinking they had to have sold atleast 100k world wide though.

I doubt it was 300k or more world wide.

If it was they would have included the bundles in the number, and said it sold 3m first week instead of 2.7m (without bundles).

I know, just making fun of certain people that like to belittle the series success. ;)

GribbleGrunger said:

Well, you deserved it.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
That's like over 100m in profit for ND/Sony in its first week!

i doubt UC4 was that cheap to make. and seeing the marketing i think they might not have broken even yet. 

BraLoD said:
GribbleGrunger said:

That tweet make clear it didn't met their expectations... so sad.

Yup. Clear as day. And its clear they are just an overated team. Sony is prpbably going to shut them down soon being that they cant make anything that is out of their confort zone. And even when they stick yo yet another third person adventure game they don't meet expectations. 

Noobie said:
Boutros said:
That's like over 100m in profit for ND/Sony in its first week!

i doubt UC4 was that cheap to make. and seeing the marketing i think they might not have broken even yet. 

Those are incurred expenses and won't have any effect on the bottom line of Sony in this quarter. And do you think UC4's budget was more than 100 million?

Teeqoz said:
Noobie said:

Those are incurred expenses and won't have any effect on the bottom line of Sony in this quarter. And do you think UC4's budget was more than 100 million?

UC3 cost like $38m.... Naughty Dog are usually good at manageing budgets and not going overboard.

I doubt UC4 cost more than twice what UC3 did, and if it did it wasnt by much.

BraLoD said:
Intrinsic said:

Yup. Clear as day. And its clear they are just an overated team. Sony is prpbably going to shut them down soon being that they cant make anything that is out of their confort zone. And even when they stick yo yet another third person adventure game they don't meet expectations. 

Another year, another flop.

With luck, PS4 will be able to flop it's way past the PS1s Lifetime sales.