By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 4 first week sell-through surpass 2.7 million, fastest-selling PS4 first party title to-date in NA and PAL Region

Kuksenkov said:
Boutros said:
That's like over 100m in profit for ND/Sony in its first week!

Probably less, since manufacturing and shipping plus having each retailer take a chunk of the money... You know?

What you're talking about falls into revenue, not profit. It's over 200m for revenues in its first week.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Jesus H Christ, this is getting beyond belief. I'm scouting the internet to see how these numbers are being interpreted and I'm seeing a new line of approach throughout the XB1 community. NOW it's about how much money UC4 earned compared to Halo5 and the attach rate; ANYTHING but acknowledge UC4 sold well. It's going to be Montypythonesque before too long.

XB1 community is having a meltdown over this game so the goalposts have to move accordingly. Hell, even Phil Spencer congratulated Naughty Dog on it.

I'm pretty sure Mazzy is Raysod over on GAF too. They're spewing the same narrative. Something about these attacks on Uncharted 4 sales seems very planned.

Congrats to Uncharted and Naughty Dog.

Okay, so Uncharted 3 had a first week of 3.8 million shipped. VGC reports a first week sell thru of 1.3million. If Uncharted 4 sold THRU 2.7 million, why in the world would Sony not tout this as the best selling uncharted?? Makes me doubt whether uncharted 4 really did outsell U3 in first week. Also unimpressive that they report U4 being the fastest selling ps4 exclusive to date. I mean of course that was gonna happen.

When I first saw the 2.7mill sell thru for U4, I was shocked and happy, but sonys wording in their announcement is odd.

You are thinking too much.

Around the Network
RJ_Sizzle said:
GribbleGrunger said:
Jesus H Christ, this is getting beyond belief. I'm scouting the internet to see how these numbers are being interpreted and I'm seeing a new line of approach throughout the XB1 community. NOW it's about how much money UC4 earned compared to Halo5 and the attach rate; ANYTHING but acknowledge UC4 sold well. It's going to be Montypythonesque before too long.

XB1 community is having a meltdown over this game so the goalposts have to moved accordingly. Hell, even Phil Spencer congratulated Naughty Dog on it.

I'm pretty sure Mazzy is Raysod over on GAF too. They're spewing the same narrative. Something about these attacks on Uncharted 4 sales seems very planned

Agree.but  we can not wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

2 million in bundles... anyone? =D

-Ack!- said:
2 million in bundles... anyone? =D

Nah... those where limited edition and more expensive models, than the CoD 3 bundle.

I was thinking they had to have sold atleast 100k world wide though.

I doubt it was 300k or more world wide.

If it was they would have included the bundles in the number, and said it sold 3m first week instead of 2.7m (without bundles).

Mike_L said:

This is not to ridicule you but you're so close to being the new "VGC Meme" even rivaling the famous "Global in the US" :)

The $400 mill in Microsoft's PR statement included hardware revenue, accessories, special editions (EVERYTHING). Why do you think Microsoft chose to include hardware revenue in Halo 5's numbers? Why do you think Microsoft didn't provide a breakdown of software and hardware revenue? Why do you think Microsoft never provided any sales numbers?

If you do a little background search you'd see that retailers were disappointed with Halo 5 sales and that Halo 5's first week player activity was only about half of Halo 3's first week player activity.

I wasn't talking about Halo 5 and have said countless times already that Halo 5 was a flop...

Includes digital as well. Very impressive. Well done.