Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin 4 being a NX game is 100% guaranteed

What system do you think Pikmin 4 will release on?

Wii U 20 9.80%
 
NX 184 90.20%
 
Total:204
KLXVER said:
Miyamotoo said:
Iam sure that Pikmin 4 is coming at NX, and it this point I want to be exclusive for NX, I dont want to be cross platform and Wii U power to held back Pikmin 4 from graphical and technical point.

They said that the NX is not a successor to the WiiU, so dont expect a big bump in power.

They said Wii U is not "just a simple replacement for Wii U or 3DS". What they meant is that NX will not be just better Wii U (like Wii U is in comparison with Wii or like 3DS is in comparison with DS), they meant that NX will be completely new concept and platform moving away from Wii/DS platform, brand, concept...and that doesn't have anything with power.

Regardless power, I expecting NX will have at least similar power to XB1, and that alone is huge bump compared to Wii U power (thats around 4x stronger than Wii U hardware).



Around the Network
DivinePaladin said:
Miyamotoo said:

There is no chance that Nintendo should release Pikmin 4 for mobile, Pikmin even for Nintendo handheld is not good choice (because it's real-time strategy game).

A game being a bad choice for a platform hasn't exactly stopped Nintendo before. In fact, one released this year, on TWO platforms it's bad for. Hyrule Warriors Legends. You can never doubt Nintendo when it comes to making the most amazing or amazingly stupid decisions at times, that's the only reason I made that comment before. 

You can't play Pikmin on small screen because they are very small and when you zoom out and play game you want able to see them on small screen, thats why Nintendo already abandoned idea of Pikmin on handheld.

I dont see how is that similar with Hyrule Warriors that plays great on Wii U and on 3DS as well!?



Miyamotoo said:
KLXVER said:

They said that the NX is not a successor to the WiiU, so dont expect a big bump in power.

They said Wii U is not "just a simple replacement for Wii U or 3DS". What they meant is that NX will not be just better Wii U (like Wii U is in comparison with Wii or like 3DS is in comparison with DS), they meant that NX will be completely new concept and platform moving away from Wii/DS platform, brand, concept...and that doesn't have anything with power.

Regardless power, I expecting NX will have at least similar power to XB1, and that alone is huge bump compared to Wii U power (thats around 4x stronger than Wii U hardware).

Im thinking more of a GC to Wii scenario. I hope Im wrong. Im just really nervous of what the NX could be.



KLXVER said:
Miyamotoo said:

They said Wii U is not "just a simple replacement for Wii U or 3DS". What they meant is that NX will not be just better Wii U (like Wii U is in comparison with Wii or like 3DS is in comparison with DS), they meant that NX will be completely new concept and platform moving away from Wii/DS platform, brand, concept...and that doesn't have anything with power.

Regardless power, I expecting NX will have at least similar power to XB1, and that alone is huge bump compared to Wii U power (thats around 4x stronger than Wii U hardware).

Im thinking more of an GC to Wii scenario. I hope Im wrong. Im just really nervous of what the NX could be.

I am sure they will not do that again because if they want 3rd party aboard and 3rd party and succulent platform (3rd parties are today much stronger then ever before), they need hardware that have power at least similar to XB1.

Saying that, Nintendo can easily release console in 2017. that have similar power to XB1/PS4, that has some kind of gimmick, with price point $249-299 (Wii had $249 price), so why then they would release just a little upgraded Wii U.



Miyamotoo said:
KLXVER said:

Im thinking more of an GC to Wii scenario. I hope Im wrong. Im just really nervous of what the NX could be.

I am sure they will not do that again because if they want 3rd party aboard and 3rd party and succulent platform (3rd parties are today much stronger then ever before), they need hardware that have power at least similar to XB1.

Saying that, Nintendo can easily release console in 2017. that have similar power to XB1/PS4, that has some kind of gimmick, with price point $249-299 (Wii had $249 price), so why then they would release just a little upgraded Wii U.

Because they are determined to sell the console at a profit. 249 bucks for a PS4 is a long way off.



Around the Network

It's either an NX game or we have another Pikmin 3 situation at hand: The game wasn't in development at all, Miyamoto just confirmed they were working on the title to force management to give him the go. Honestly, I wouldn't rule out that possibility just yet...



KLXVER said:
Miyamotoo said:

I am sure they will not do that again because if they want 3rd party aboard and 3rd party and succulent platform (3rd parties are today much stronger then ever before), they need hardware that have power at least similar to XB1.

Saying that, Nintendo can easily release console in 2017. that have similar power to XB1/PS4, that has some kind of gimmick, with price point $249-299 (Wii had $249 price), so why then they would release just a little upgraded Wii U.

Because they are determined to sell the console at a profit. 249 bucks for a PS4 is a long way off.

Console in 2017. that have similar power to XB1/PS4, that has some kind of gimmick, with price point $249-299 will easily have profit. Remember, PS4 was selling in holiday 2015. for $300,  packed with two games and Sony again made profit, 3.5 years later Nintendo can easily make console with similar PS4 power at lower price, espasily if they really going with SD format for games.



Miyamotoo said:
KLXVER said:

Because they are determined to sell the console at a profit. 249 bucks for a PS4 is a long way off.

Console in 2017. that have similar power to XB1/PS4, that has some kind of gimmick, with price point $249-299 will easily have profit. Remember, PS4 was selling in holiday 2015. for $300,  packed with two games and Sony again made profit, 3.5 years later Nintendo can easily make console with similar PS4 power at lower price, espasily if they really going with SD format for games.

Where was it selling for 300 bucks?



KLXVER said:
Miyamotoo said:

Console in 2017. that have similar power to XB1/PS4, that has some kind of gimmick, with price point $249-299 will easily have profit. Remember, PS4 was selling in holiday 2015. for $300,  packed with two games and Sony again made profit, 3.5 years later Nintendo can easily make console with similar PS4 power at lower price, espasily if they really going with SD format for games.

Where was it selling for 300 bucks?

Last holiday, in US and in Europe, and then was again at $349, but I expecting in near future (holiday season latest) will have permanent price of $299.



Miyamotoo said:
KLXVER said:

Where was it selling for 300 bucks?

Last holiday, in US and in Europe, and then was again at $349, but I expecting in near future (holiday season latest) will have permanent price of $299.

I didnt see that anywhere, but if you say so.