By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - iD SoftWare the new Graphical 3rd Party King

After playing the new Doom for countless hours i have no doubts, iD is back in the game with the most impressive 60fps tittle ever released and even puts to shame most 30fps ones.

AA on the game is amazing, the image quality is just GREAT and one of the best i´ve seen to date.

No drops, even if FPS drop 2 or 3 frames you dont notice it, i dont know how much they drop but i have not feel any drops in my LONG playtrough, only when it saves but that does not count in my book. Best thing is that sometimes there is like 1000 things happening at the same time in many stages and boom doesnt fucking dip, it remains great with no tearing at all!

The Sound is also great i might mention that.

The blood and gore and absolutely amazing, one of the best in any game!

Around the Network

Id's commitment to great performance with good visuals across each platform they release on is wonderful, but "Graphical 3rd Party King"? I'd say that goes to DICE.

"No drops, even if FPS drop 2 or 3 frames you dont notice it, i dont know how much they drop but i have not feel any drops"

They did great but I would say Frostbite engine is better

TallSilhouette said:
Id's commitment to great performance with good visuals across each platform they release on is wonderful, but "Graphical 3rd Party King"? I'd say that goes to DICE.

DICE? I have Battlefront (best from DICE right now). It looks good, but think about Rocksteady and Arkham Knight.

Of course, Battlefront is 60 fps, but let's remember that Arkham Knight runs at a higher resolution and is open world. And looks absolutely gorgeous. Indeed, it's quite a showcase and easily looks better than BF.

We can also look at Metro Last Light Redux from 4A Games. 1080p, 60 fps and looks amazing.

iD tech 6 engine seems to be good.

Not sure if its the "Graphical 3rd Party King", but I agree iD SoftWare are back in a big way.
They did a amazing job on the new Doom.

Around the Network

Just beat it

It looks and plays great. Kinda difficult though. Might just be me sucking, but it was fun nonetheless.

torok said:

DICE? I have Battlefront (best from DICE right now). It looks good, but think about Rocksteady and Arkham Knight.

Of course, Battlefront is 60 fps, but let's remember that Arkham Knight runs at a higher resolution and is open world. And looks absolutely gorgeous. Indeed, it's quite a showcase and easily looks better than BF.

We can also look at Metro Last Light Redux from 4A Games. 1080p, 60 fps and looks amazing.

Individual games from assorted developers have one upped them in various ways, but no third party developer in recent years has had as many games on as many platforms with great visuals and (sometimes) great performance as DICE.

TallSilhouette said:

Individual games from assorted developers have one upped them in various ways, but no third party developer in recent years has had as many games on as many platforms with great visuals and (sometimes) great performance as DICE.

Well, if we will talk about constantly delivering good visuals, then DICE really is pretty consistent. Battlefront looks great and also runs great.

CGI-Quality said:

I'm loving the look of DOOM, right now, but I agree. I'd even argue that the CRYENGINE 3 is, as well.

Still didn't got Doom. In my opinion, the only issue with CryEngine recently is that Crytek is going trough financial troubles so the only game they released this gen was 2nd party (looked amazing, of course) and they were the ones pushing their engine further. Unfortunately, I don't think we will see a Crysis 4 and that's a shame.

I'm couting on some magic from 4A. Even with their ridiculous amount of problems (low budget, terrible conditions, limited access to basic equipment) they managed to do the Metro games become technical masterpieces and they are already working on their next game. That game will drop some jaws.

i'm getting to the point where it is hard not to be impressed by most AAA games visually. i mean,. i know something has to be "best" but the amount of detailing current gen hardware can do i find it hard to not just stop and admire the artwork and vistas.