By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you think Nintendo is working on right now?

Whatever they are working on, we don't want it and Miyamoto will make Nintendo believe we want it. 

Around the Network
Aver said:
Luke888 said:

Because more powerfull hardware makes it possible to polish even further Splatoon which as of now is 720p, besides the fact that I'm shure Nintendo wants people who missed on the first entry due to not owning Wii U to purchase it on the new console, it'd be also a pretext to keep the Splatoon servers going on for a few more years so that the people who purchased Wii U that don't feel comfortable buying NX at launch can freely keep playing the first entry on Wii U. Talking about Spla2n I don't see it releasing earlier than holliday 2017 which would make it 2 years and a half after the first one, imho it's better to consolidate a fanbase for the first 2 entries, then for the third one they can freely wait 4/5 years, it's just a matter of having an online game early in the lifecycle of your console...

The wii u server probl will be different to nx servers.

Everybody who wants to play splatoon can just buy a wii u, i dont see nintendo remastering that game but we will see.

Saying like people who dont own a wii u can play it to doesnt make to much sense for me. That can be said about every wii u game and if people would be really interested in a ceratin game like splatoon, they would just buy a wii u (many ppl in japan did).

Recent rumors (from Emily Rogers) say that Nintendo wants people who play the Splatoon port on NX to be able to play with people playing it on Wii U, nobody who knows that a new console is coming out would buy an old System just for one game, especially if it's rumored to get a port (hence it might be upscaled). It CAN be said about every Wii U game, but the problem is that Splatoon is up there in the top games for the system, stuff like The Wonderful 101 isn't.

I think they're mostly focused on getting their proverbial shit together in general.

Jokes aside; anything and everything NX related would be their primary focus now, that and mobile apps/games for actual profits on the platform.

vivster said:
Nintendo is always quiet. They haven't realized yet that continuous consumer engagement is a thing.

I disagree. They're quiet because they're like the only game company that wants to surprise its consumers. Like Could in Smash, nobody could have called that and it got the response that it did because it was kept a secret from consumers. I like being surprised rather than spoonfed every detail.

Xeno X2 or GTFO.

Around the Network

QoL, which probably means more games like Nintendogs or virtual rock gardening (which actually sounds nice).

Backwards programming from Amiibo. Amiibo will be the starting point, then they'll say, "okay, we've thought up this awesome Amiibo grouping of characters, now think of a game to go with it."

Animal Crossing: Downtown Tokyo.

Project Robot Metroid. You play as a Federation Engineer while they builds giant robots to use to defend the planet against invading giant robots.

3 different platformers.

An EA exclusive release of NBA 2013.

Retro is allowed to have a new IP after they wait to ask Miyamoto while he's drunk at the hostess club. It turns out to be really good.

^Wow, very funny

Absolutely Nothing :P

Yerm said:
working on NX launch titles, mobile games, and trying to figure out how to win their audience back

they still have a lot of their audience, just only on handheld. The 3DS is older than everything else currently out yet is outselling the Xone and by far the #2 hardware sales system (when considering home and handheld).

Nintendo still clearly has a very large fanbase, it should be simple to get those loyal to the 3DS to try the next home console if they're just smart about it and do like a shared library 

Luke888 said:
Aver said:

The wii u server probl will be different to nx servers.

Everybody who wants to play splatoon can just buy a wii u, i dont see nintendo remastering that game but we will see.

Saying like people who dont own a wii u can play it to doesnt make to much sense for me. That can be said about every wii u game and if people would be really interested in a ceratin game like splatoon, they would just buy a wii u (many ppl in japan did).

Recent rumors (from Emily Rogers) say that Nintendo wants people who play the Splatoon port on NX to be able to play with people playing it on Wii U, nobody who knows that a new console is coming out would buy an old System just for one game, especially if it's rumored to get a port (hence it might be upscaled). It CAN be said about every Wii U game, but the problem is that Splatoon is up there in the top games for the system, stuff like The Wonderful 101 isn't.

That should not be hard if they just make proper WiiU emulator for NX. Like MS did with X360 games for XOne. Also there is still possibility that NX will have Power-PC CPU so it will have hardware backwards compatibility with WiiU