By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Banned from Neogaf for having a different opinion. Am I wrong?

GAF is a hivemind
I mean, most places are, but in GAF it goes all the way up to mods and admins which makes it worse
You're not missing out

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:

That's not even the worst of it. GAF got so outraged over BlockLivesMatter that the mods even went as far as to lock the thread. Seriously, over a bunch of cubes....

Thats actually hilarious, in a really sad way!

Sony want to make money by selling art, Nintendo want to make money by selling fun, Microsoft want to make money.

From GAF:

Powered by ModBot #637
'I have never heard of Gamergate and I don't understand it so I'm just going to lock this.'

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

From GAF:

Powered by ModBot #637
'I have never heard of Gamergate and I don't understand it so I'm just going to lock this.'

That one person who claimed the men's rights movement completely overlaps with GG is rather funny, especially when feminists like Christina Hoff Sommers and Liana Kerzner support GG.

KLAMarine said:
Turkish said:
So what? Now you want to continue your debate on another forum and prove "I is right"?

And yeah I think it's a fair ban. GG is the cancer that polarized this industry, it also seems to be lead by Islamophobic neckbeards on youtube(Amazing atheist, Sargon). Racism and Islamophobia are as big if not a bigger issue in online gaming. Even if you make valid arguments, don't expect to be treated on an equal footing in anti-GG dens.

Kinda ridiculous how 2 years later people still waste their time on this chapter of internet drama though.

Amazing Atheist and Sargon are Islamophobic?

I was asking myself the same thing. Those guys, if anything, hate fundamentalism, not Islam.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

Alt removed.

Alt removed.

Alt removed.

Alt removed.

unbannable said:

vgchartz has carl who is the worst mod i have ever seen in my entire life. He is locking topics for no reasons (just because he dont like them) and banning everybody who critizise him. he cant handle critics and cant admit all the mistakes he did/still is doing. Like banning be because he thought im my brother. Even after telling him, he just banned my brother to burke his mistakes.

The rest of the mod team is basically okay for the most part. 

I can give you examples of carl locking topics and banning people for no reasons (not even topics made by me, so its definiatly not biased) but he is deleting all my posts to burke this so doesnt make much sense.

Edit: Just one example of an topic locked for no reason (just because he wanted to): http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=216626&page=1#4

And i wasnt even involved in this. There are dozens of other examples.

But this will be deleted very soon anways.

The topic you linked is: "What would you do if you had a dollar for every NX rumor?"

It's a really dumb topic. I can understand mods locking really asinine topics that don't have any potential for any kind of discourse.

Also, it specifically says in the rules:

"Thread titles should not be used to pose simple questions," and  "Content is king for all posts and threads."

What the VG Chartz mods are doing isn't censorship, they're trying to promote actual discussions and quality content.

Censorship is when you are forbidden from having a dissenting opinion in a proper thread that's well-constructed. Having a pro-Gamergate opinion should be allowed. Having an anti-Hillary opinion should be allowed. People might not agree with it, sure, but getting banned for "not fitting in" or because you don't tow the party line is fundamentally egregious.