By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Banned from Neogaf for having a different opinion. Am I wrong?

Don't call yourself 'alt'. It seems to get you banned immediately ...

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
only777 said:
Birimbau said:

I still remember this priceless post:

That is golden!

Wouldn't worry about it, they have banned both very well meaning and very well connected people. Some of the most informative people were banned for nothing, many are here now. 

I wonder why Evilore and Gaf in general was denied a press pass for E3 last year..... ;)

Do not worry about it, i get banned for saying harmless things all the time around here. Must be the heat of the summer.

the_dark_lewd said:

Neogaf is ridiculous on political issues. They're fine if you keep it about games. But on politics? Nope, agree with the consensus they've crafted, or get booted.
I really don't know why anyone still goes there and I really wish I knew why some people think echo chambers are anything other than delusional crap that ruins your ability to think.

They're not even fine on games.

If you say something harmless like "There shouldn't be a female protagonist just for the sake of it" or "It's okay for the female armor to have cleavage" or "Developers should be able to make games starring cisgendered white males if that's their creative vision," you get absolutely crucified.

This is a good example of everything wrong withvthe world.

Like you said, you are probably better off.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

I have been banned 5 times, have posted a fair amount, and can be a bit of a dick. Had maybe 4 warnings. I think VG has had the best mods of any site I have ever frequented. The worst for me is bloodyelbow.com. An MMA website. A fighter named Travis Browne brutally, and blatantly poked his opponent Matt Mitrione. Everybody was in agreement, and it occurred weeks prior to my post. It was not news. I called him a c*** in my post. It was not the swearing. That's allowed. It was that calling him that constituted "fighter bashing". Instant permaban from the most trigger-happy mod at the site.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Aquamarine said:
the_dark_lewd said:

Neogaf is ridiculous on political issues. They're fine if you keep it about games. But on politics? Nope, agree with the consensus they've crafted, or get booted.
I really don't know why anyone still goes there and I really wish I knew why some people think echo chambers are anything other than delusional crap that ruins your ability to think.

They're not even fine on games.

If you say something harmless like "There shouldn't be a female protagonist just for the sake of it" or "It's okay for the female armor to have cleavage" or "Developers should be able to make games starring cisgendered white males if that's their creative vision," you get absolutely crucified.

That's not even the worst of it. GAF got so outraged over BlockLivesMatter that the mods even went as far as to lock the thread. Seriously, over a bunch of cubes....

Turkish said:
So what? Now you want to continue your debate on another forum and prove "I is right"?

And yeah I think it's a fair ban. GG is the cancer that polarized this industry, it also seems to be lead by Islamophobic neckbeards on youtube(Amazing atheist, Sargon). Racism and Islamophobia are as big if not a bigger issue in online gaming. Even if you make valid arguments, don't expect to be treated on an equal footing in anti-GG dens.

Kinda ridiculous how 2 years later people still waste their time on this chapter of internet drama though.

I have to agree with this guy "Turkish" here. Seen as you felt it was needed to claim how right you are on another website as well, i find your ban to be fair in my opinion. The internet doesn't need another 'i'm right' warrior.

CGI-Quality said:
Man, what happened in here?

Irony.

The PS5 Exists. 

What a bunch of authoritarian SJW ****. They can't take a different point of view so they ban you? Screw em.