By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn discussion thread: stats, characters etc.

Imo, archers were beyond great in RD. Taking my 20/20 Shinon as example who is not the best one, he was able to hit 4x thanks to doublebow, he would kill practically anyone with his 2 first hits, he would deal big damage to bosses, add the add the fact that he had good critical and the deadeye skill. Although his defense wasn´t the best, his evasion was high so he always had a big advantage against heavy units and mages.

But the whole game is unbalanced. You start with pretty crappy units, that are really fragile. Luckily some quite useful units join later on. On chapter 2 many units are great and really worthwhile and in chapter 3 most units are very powerful. It ends up in a very unbalanced party, with very weak units that you hadn´t the chance to use much in order to keep them alive and very powerful ones that were already powerful in their respective chapter. Add to that all the abundant extra skills you could give them (non-existent in the other FEs) and all the powerful weapons you could find (only a limited amount of them are available in the other FEs) you ended up with overpowered units, even though their stats are capped. All chapter 4 was a breeze for me, only Drag. K. and final boss posed some threat.

Around the Network

What weak units?

It all depends on how you play. If you found it too easy, did you play on hard? I doubt you did.

The weak units are easy to make better. I, for one, found Micaiah's team (yeah, the "crappy" one), to be better than Ike's in the endgame.

You could give some units "adubant extra skills" to make them overpowered, or you could give them to someone else.

Play the game on hard, it will be a lot more fun.

On another note, I found some more interesting info on the Japanese site.

- Marth does not start at lvl 1 in chapter 1. Not having played the originals, I guess it could mean that there are prologue chapters included.

- Riff is in (which I believe he wasn't in the previous remake)

- WiFi is 2 players max, there is a time cap, and if I'm not incorrect, a move cap pr turn.

- You can see the range by pressing X (like pressing 1 in RD, I think)

- The weapon triangle is in. It wasn't in nr 1, and I don't think it was in 3.

3 arts (or whatever it's called), but I guess there's a lot more of them.

And the official boxart if anyone's interested.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Oyvoyvoyv said:

What weak units?

QFT.

Radiant Dawn really has no "weak" units.  Every single character can become strong if you use them and level them.  Personally though... archers didn't do it for me in Radiant Dawn.  I'd rather have had Wil or Rebecca than Rolf/Shinon, they just weren't interesting to me.  Leonardo had even less personality than Shinon...

Words Of Wisdom said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

What weak units?

QFT.

Radiant Dawn really has no "weak" units.  Every single character can become strong if you use them and level them.  Personally though... archers didn't do it for me in Radiant Dawn.  I'd rather have had Wil or Rebecca than Rolf/Shinon, they just weren't interesting to me.  Leonardo had even less personality than Shinon...

Leo had some pretty cool converstations in the battles though. Teaming him up with Mist could make him say some cool stuff.

He had more personality there than most others, and so did Rolf.  

Okay, this is freaking nutty.

http://serenesforest.net/fe1ds/img/100708B.jpg

I'm not good at Japaneese, but with a dictionary, I found this:

Swap Classes. A new feature allows you to change the classes of you characters. There is a cap on how many of a class you may have, so a full healer team won't be possible. Character's level will remain the same, so does experience, but the stats (HP, STR and such) changes. Weapon preference changes too.

Prologue Chapter.

There will be a few chapters learning people the basics. In these chapters, Marth flees the Aritia house.

Sidestories

There will be Gaiden chapters. Whatever the hell that is.

Around the Network

Will be interesting to see how swap classes works out.

Honestly, it seems a bit odd. Imagine Marth as a healer, or as a cavalary man.

Also, what's a Gaiden chapter?

Oyvoyvoyv said:
Will be interesting to see how swap classes works out.

Honestly, it seems a bit odd. Imagine Marth as a healer, or as a cavalary man.

Also, what's a Gaiden chapter?

A Gaiden chapter is a (usually tough) secret/side mission of varying importance. Most of the time, it's like a regular mission with better rewards, but in some FE:s (Looking at you, Sword of Seals), they're necessary to fully complete the game.

And if the DS Fire Emblem has battle saves, fine by me. They do make the game easier, but I'll rather succumb to using a battle save than restart a two-hour mission due to a fluke miss/critical (Yeah, I hate Killer Weapon/Berserker enemies). And you never have to use them if you don't want to.

Oh, and while they're adding features, a support system from FE9 and class trees would be nice, too.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

Yeah, battle saves are awesome. I really like having that option.

Not too sure about what I think about chaning classes, but I guess they can find a way to work it out.

I have another question though. Could FE:DS be using the Advance Wars engine? The games look incredibly alike to me.

I wanted my 2000th post to be in my favorite thread!

Thanks for the tip Montana!

Wow, you've only posted 127 times more than me?

I thought you had like 4000 posts or something.

Maybe it's because you have such long posts with some real content...

Anyway, way to go!

Here's hoping for a FE:DS video on E3!