By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Solution to islamic extremism

barneystinson69 said:
WolfpackN64 said:
How about making sure the government talks with the Muslim minority in many countries. Help them with their community like you would any other. Foster inter-community bonds and be harsh towards any form of discrimination.

You'll go a long way. Oh, and maybe stop bombing the Middle-East while you're at it. It's not really nice seeing western-made weapons causing scenes of spilled guts in the streets and cities reduced to rubble. Can't really fault their media for showing that. It leaves a terrible imprint on ones mind and it doesn't help in fostering a sense of respect for each other.

Really, so blame the west for the problems in the middle-east? I doubt the Arab spring is our fault, which is the cause of most of their problems today. Iraq aside, we've done nothing wrong. This excuse is just a way for the left to try to blame the west for the world's problems.

We get it, you hate liberals. You must be so special.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:

Really, so blame the west for the problems in the middle-east? I doubt the Arab spring is our fault, which is the cause of most of their problems today. Iraq aside, we've done nothing wrong. This excuse is just a way for the left to try to blame the west for the world's problems.

Ha. That has been one of the best attemps to get from under our responsability I've seen yet.

But seriously. The west has been mucking it up since the Sykes-Picot treaty. Drawing some artificial lines in the sand, then installing weak regimes that were replaced with Ba'ath regimes later on. The war in Iraq to unseat one of these regimes, the intervention in Afghanistan, the unseating of the Taliban regime that was installed with US aid (and weapons). The attempt at intervention in Iran. The desastrous interventions in Libya, Syria and Iraq, which, due to the installation of a weak government in Iraq, led to the creation of Daesh. The support of Saudi-Arabia which has been destabilizing the region for decades for its own personal gain, support for Turkey as a NATO member which also seeks to cement it's own interests in the region to the detriment of the Kurds.

Face it, the NATO is wading up to its chest in blood.

WolfpackN64 said:
barneystinson69 said:

Ha. That has been one of the best attemps to get from under our responsability I've seen yet.

But seriously. The west has been mucking it up since the Sykes-Picot treaty. Drawing some artificial lines in the sand, then installing weak regimes that were replaced with Ba'ath regimes later on. The war in Iraq to unseat one of these regimes, the intervention in Afghanistan, the unseating of the Taliban regime that was installed with US aid (and weapons). The attempt at intervention in Iran. The desastrous interventions in Libya, Syria and Iraq, which, due to the installation of a weak government in Iraq, led to the creation of Daesh. The support of Saudi-Arabia which has been destabilizing the region for decades for its own personal gain, support for Turkey as a NATO member which also seeks to cement it's own interests in the region to the detriment of the Kurds.

So its middle-eastern nations destabilizing the middle-east, and yet it should still be our fault? I don't care if we're supporting them, because they're the ones causing problems. And BTW, the US and Britain don't make up the entire western world...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

hershel_layton said:

WolfpackN64 said:
How about making sure the government talks with the Muslim minority in many countries. Help them with their community like you would any other. Foster inter-community bonds and be harsh towards any form of discrimination.

You'll go a long way. Oh, and maybe stop bombing the Middle-East while you're at it. It's not really nice seeing western-made weapons causing scenes of spilled guts in the streets and cities reduced to rubble. Can't really fault their media for showing that. It leaves a terrible imprint on ones mind and it doesn't help in fostering a sense of respect for each other.

Seeing the violent riots are horrible. Much worse compared to television.

The ones in Gazs are especially horrible. Once I've seen the riots in hand, I've now gained a sense of distrust for the Israeli army.

I know, Belgium TV has been very mild with the images. Even the "shocking images" are relatively mild. But I do watch Al Jazeera and stop to watch a Turkish or Arab TV station from time to time when I walk past a local café just to get a different perspective. What you see on these kind of TV stations is a lot more gruesome and disturbing. When you see images of what happens in Yemen for example, and then you know that Belgium is one of the largest weapon exporters to Saudi-Arabia, it makes you feel ashamed and angry.

WolfpackN64 said:
hershel_layton said:

Seeing the violent riots are horrible. Much worse compared to television.

The ones in Gazs are especially horrible. Once I've seen the riots in hand, I've now gained a sense of distrust for the Israeli army.

I know, Belgium TV has been very mild with the images. Even the "shocking images" are relatively mild. But I do watch Al Jazeera and stop to watch a Turkish or Arab TV station from time to time when I walk past a local café just to get a different perspective. What you see on these kind of TV stations is a lot more gruesome and disturbing. When you see images of what happens in Yemen for example, and then you know that Belgium is one of the largest weapon exporters to Saudi-Arabia, it makes you feel ashamed and angry.

Al Jazeera? You mean that propoganda network for Qatar? And why should it make you feel ashamed for their actions! Really, tell me what exactly is there to feel ashamed about? The Saudi's don't give a shit about killing muslims and then when they're in trouble, they come to Europe for the problems THEIR leaders started (actually most just come for economic reasons, but still)! I don't feel ashamed at all Canada makes 15 billion per year from its arms deal as it helps our country! 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
hershel_layton said:

A reformation.

Many muslims nowadays have allowed more inserted modern thoughts into their ideology, allowing them to live peacefully with non-muslims without any issues. Unfortunately, there are still muslims who have a backwards way of thinking.

Solution? Stop telling people it isn't "real islam" and let the reformation finally begin. I see people who criticize those who want to reform, saying "that's not true islam", but they'll criticize people who preach "true islam". I mean, no offense, but don't expect to see Islam die for a long time. It also is tied with culture for many people. You can't expect Islam to magically disappear.

We're slowly going to a point where the 'extremists' are considered nuts and are shunned by most people. If we continue on this path and wipe out the dangerous ideas, then we'll be closer to less problems from religion. Christianity has done it, there's no reason Islam can't

Thoughts?

Completely agree. Islam need a reformation like what Christianity went through, and it can only happen within Islam, not by outside forces pushing their ideas on people. Many primarily Muslim countries have taken great strides towards democracy and basic human rights, and those are the countries that need support, if they wish to have it.

barneystinson69 said:
WolfpackN64 said:

So its middle-eastern nations destabilizing the middle-east, and yet it should still be our fault? I don't care if we're supporting them, because they're the ones causing problems. And BTW, the US and Britain don't make up the entire western world...

That's why I specified the NATO. And I clearly stated the western disruptions, don't try to claw your way out of here.

WolfpackN64 said:
barneystinson69 said:

That's why I specified the NATO. And I clearly stated the western disruptions, don't try to claw your way out of here.

Afganistan was approved under the UN, meaning the intervention had justification. Iraq I can agree on as it had no mandate, but once again that was only the US and UK that got involved.  And tell me if the  Arab spring or all these civil wars that resulted are because of the west too!

barneystinson69 said:
WolfpackN64 said:

Al Jazeera? You mean that propoganda network for Qatar? And why should it make you feel ashamed for their actions! Really, tell me what exactly is there to feel ashamed about? The Saudi's don't give a shit about killing muslims and then when they're in trouble, they come to Europe for the problems THEIR leaders started (actually most just come for economic reasons, but still)! I don't feel ashamed at all Canada makes 15 billion per year from its arms deal as it helps our country! 

Because our governments supposedly support democracy and wave our finger at every third-world country with human rights abuses. Unless the countries are rich and have a lot of oil of course (and are a "strategic partner").

Anyway, I just came back from a one day ban. But let me use this opportunity to tell you that I absolutely dispise your very person. You arrogant, self-indulgent, cold, heartless piece of living dung!

Moderated - Leadified

barneystinson69 said:
WolfpackN64 said:

Afganistan was approved under the UN, meaning the intervention had justification. Iraq I can agree on as it had no mandate, but once again that was only the US and UK that got involved.  And tell me if the  Arab spring or all these civil wars that resulted are because of the west too!

Hey, didn't you hear? US invaded Egypt and Libya hence why the Muslim Brotherhood rose to power. It's all an inside job!