By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo Sport beta has been cancelled

Aren't beta tests these days just glorified demos?

Around the Network
Trunkin said:
MikeRox said:

And that would explain the lack lustre graphics people are complaining about in the other thread.

Yup. Though I fully expect them to unveil a prettier, "NEO" version at E3.

Definitely. Also fully expecting 60fps uncharted 4 for Neo at E3.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

For a game like this, yeah.  This isn't an open world game where users are going to find bugs the programmers don't already know about.  The only area where it might be meaningful is the online functionality, though I have my doubts about how much value a beta adds in that regard and you'd think PD has enough experience in that capacity already.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

EA certainly treats them as such

Gran Turismo seems to be in some big trouble right now sadly.

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
Trunkin said:

Yup. Though I fully expect them to unveil a prettier, "NEO" version at E3.

Hmm, now I dunno about that. I don't see the Neo being quite powerful  enough to push those visuaals at 60fps, but I guess Sony might surprise me. It would definitely make it a more attractive purchase for me.

Trunkin said:
MikeRox said:

Hmm, now I dunno about that. I don't see the Neo being quite powerful  enough to push those visuaals at 60fps, but I guess Sony might surprise me. It would definitely make it a more attractive purchase for me.

60fps was the campaign target until a few months ago. So neo would surely provide that little extra boost. Not going to lie, Neo is delaying my uncharted 4 purchase now.

DonFerrari said:
walsufnir said:

How much did the other teams cost and how big were the budgets for their games in comparison to PD?

PD have 100 people team... and on 7 years gen selling 26M games I would say I'm pretty sure they are very well lucrative... The other studios were probably pushing less than 7M in the same time frame and I doubt it was with 25 people studio.

Besides all that, GT is a hallmark of Playstation while the other studios wasn't (and they kept the IDs in case they wanted to launch it in the future and the good talents were moved around, and some were unfortunatelly lost)

GT5 cost $60m alone, while the entire Uncharted series on PS3 (1-3) cost about the same. And Uncharted 1-3 definitely beats GT5 :P. PD do fine, but they can do better.

MikeRox said:

60fps was the campaign target until a few months ago. So neo would surely provide that little extra boost. Not going to lie, Neo is delaying my uncharted 4 purchase now.

Why would Neo delay your UC4 purchase? Are you buying a PS4 just for UC4?

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
MikeRox said:

Why would Neo delay your UC4 purchase? Are you buying a PS4 just for UC4?

No but I've got a backlog as it is and a few other games like quantum break I want play first so might as well hold off until neo is unveiled as if I will be able to play some games with a better frame rate im happy waiting a bit longer. Not as if e3 is far off.

On the counter of Xbox 1.5 might also run games better, I've no intention of upgrading the xb1, but would happily upgrade my ps4.