By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War IV and Horizon will have better graphics than Uncharted 4

I was just watching a buddy finish GoW3. It doesn't look great. There are moments where it looks good but Uncharted 2 is superior for sure. GoW4 would have required those SMS layoffs NOT to happen, because SMS is not built with the resources to go all out without a massive team anymore. Sony gave them far too many years of incubation without a consistent project, and I believe it weakened the studio.

Horizon, doubtful but it's possible.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network

Neithér of those games will have better graphics. GoW iis 60fps, and Horizon is open world. UC will most likely be the most impressive console title untill TLOU2.

Absolutely possible, especially considering that studios releasing new games are building on their own past work, the work other studios have released and learning from each others accomplishments with the hardware available to them.
Guerrilla Games and Santa Monica would have learned from the work Naughty Dog have done on Uncharted 4 and incorporated those technologies into their own games currently in development right now or improved on them, maybe coming up with newer, more efficient techniques to achieve more with less.

People love to use the argument that open world games are automatically more demanding than linear titles, but that isn't the case really. Mainly because players can only see so many objects on screen at any one time anyway and linear games are not so linear nowadays either.
It's more a case of how you design your game and rendering what you need to for the player's benefit.

Linear or not the player can only run so fast or view what's in their line of sight or within the camera's field of view, these are the factors really relevant to this argument.
Santa Monica and Guerrilla Games are phenomenally talented and hard working studios, with very intelligent people working on their staff, equally up to par from a technology perspective with Naughty Dog, also with similar experience, it's very likely they will have pushed things along with their latest games coming out in the hopefully not too distant future.

And then, Naughty God will send every single developer back to video games school with The Last of Us 2.

It's a big fat 'maybe' for me. SM and GG are indeed just as tech savvy as ND and they're probably all sharing much of the same tech anyway via ICE. Horizon is a beautiful open world but what I've seen of it doesn't quite measure up to what I've seen of UC4. That said I wasn't super impressed with UC4's gameplay visuals until the game was nearly out so Horizon could still surprise me. IQ and LOD are my biggest concerns with it visually. I'm excited to see what GOW4 looks like, though. If it's anywhere near the same achievement as the core trilogy it'll be a sight to behold and definitely has a shot at taking the crown.

Around the Network
hoala said:

yeah because both will have a ps4k/neo verion. on normal ps4 nope, they wont invest much ressources in puhsing normal ps4 to the limits anymore as soon as neo is out. they will push neo to its limits and then make the game run on the standart ps4 just by lowering the settings (the samewas done in the last years with ps3 version of a game. All ps3 games released after ps4 looked worse then before ps4 release, just because they moved many ressources from the ps3 to the ps4 versions.)

Developers wont push 2 consoles to the limit. And the neo will be way more attractive for them. As soon Neo arrives, normal ps4 will suffer graphically. Just look at the ps3 version of black ops 3 (it wont be THAT much hopefully though).

Just look at multiplats. Those games i general never are graphically as impressive as exclusives. And with the neo, no game will be standard ps4 exclusive anymore.

This guy gets it! ^

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

Well God of War: Ghost of Sparta was the best looking PSP game, GoW2 was the best looking PS2 game and GoW3/A were the best looking PS3 games.

Even though the GoW games usually run at ~45fps rather than the standard 30fps a lot of the showpiece games target they've always somehow equaled or bettered the competition, GoW4 will probably blow away everything.

GOW4 yes because GoW tends to be very linear, Horizon will have good graphics because of GG but will probably be too open world to have a chance of beating U4.

God of War 4 is gonna be crazy. I mean GoW3 looks like a current gen game and that came out in 2010 on PS3.

Horizon is gonna be the best looking open world game but I will be happy if they can match the graphics of UC4's open space levels like Madagascar, was thinking how amazing an RPG with those graphics would be.

Santa monica always made games TOP TIER in PS... GoW3 is one of the must amazing game I played so far... Maybe horizon will be a great game but an open world lose sick Uncharted's details that make it a great graphic game.. BUT horizon will be a Outstanding Game overall...

In Sony We Trust!