By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War IV and Horizon will have better graphics than Uncharted 4

GoW 4? It's possible. Horizon? Hell no. It's open world, no way it'll look better than UC4.

Around the Network
FIT_Gamer said:
GoW 4? It's possible. Horizon? Hell no. It's open world, no way it'll look better than UC4.

Horizon looks awesome from what we've seen and its not released yet. I think it will look better considering everything that will be going on in the world.

Very likely
U4 may not be open world but it has some really big open areas. So, many assets need to suffer the sams kind of "downscaling" as an open world game in order to maintan visual consistency. That's way The Order still "looks better" than U4.
Normally i'd expect GOW4 to not just look better but also be the best looking console game until Santa monica's next game. GOW3 was magic for its time, it's crazy how it looked better than all 3 Uncharted games
Thing is, GOW was a sucessful ps2 IP and Sony gave 3 a big budget. More than U1 and 2 combined!!
With the current state of the H&S genre, i don't know if Sony is willIng to gamble a bigger budget for SM over ND. The market changed.. they trust ND more than SM now.

And I thought Uncharted 3 looked spectacular...

Games are simply amazing nowadays. Those saying consoles run horrible graphics are fooling themselves

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Roronaa_chan said:
Very likely
U4 may not be open world but it has some really big open areas. So, many assets need to suffer the sams kind of "downscaling" as an open world game in order to maintan visual consistency. That's way The Order still "looks better" than U4.
Normally i'd expect GOW4 to not just look better but also be the best looking console game until Santa monica's next game. GOW3 was magic for its time, it's crazy how it looked better than all 3 Uncharted games
Thing is, GOW was a sucessful ps2 IP and Sony gave 3 a big budget. More than U1 and 2 combined!!
With the current state of the H&S genre, i don't know if Sony is willIng to gamble a bigger budget for SM over ND. The market changed.. they trust ND more than SM now.

There is no comparison between God of War and The Order. The Order is linear, small and constricted. God of War games while being linear give more room for exploration and they are epic in scale compared to the tiny constricted setting of The Order. They are more impressive than open world games in a way that many characters and boss fights have incredible detail to them and are animated well.

Just being open world doesn't make a game more impressive and from what I've seen Uncharted 4's open world chapters are still very constricted compared to real open world games and are also bare of NPC's and other things that make open world games so resource intensive.

Around the Network

Horizon no,no way a open world will get better graphics than Uncharted 4 this gen,like last gen,no one open world beat Uncharted 2 and 3,but God of War IV it's possible if runs at 30fps,at 60fps doubt it.But next the Last of Us will surpass everything like the original on PS3.

Nemesis1993 said:

Horizon no,no way a open world will get better graphics than Uncharted 4 this gen,like last gen,no one open world beat Uncharted 2 and 3,but God of War IV it's possible if runs at 30fps,at 60fps doubt it.But next the Last of Us will surpass everything like the original on PS3.

Horizon runs on KZ SF engine which is capable of making extremely beautiful visuals. But unlike KZ SF, Horizon will be more optimised due to Guerilla having worked for much longer on PS4 with the engine.

KZ 2 and 3 had open environments and KZ 3 still looked better than Uncharted 2 & 3. I think Horizon could look better.

God of War III on PS3 ran at 45-60fps and still looked better than Uncharted 3. I think God of War IV would look better than Uncharted 4 even at 60fps.

I'd be happy to see out my last console with graphics equal to UC4.

The PS5 Exists.