By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rainmaker Loses $10 Million on ‘Ratchet & Clank,’ Blames Disney!

Tagged games:

Next time maybe make a movie that looks like it can be at least somewhat enjoyed by anyone over the age of 3..

Around the Network

Rainmaker made like what, one other feature film? And it blew. R&C deserved a better studio behind it. Hell, I thought it would be a shoo-in for Sony Pictures Animation, but they're too busy dicking around with Angry Birds and Smurfs. But, whatever. The marketing on this movie seemed to be super minimal too.

I think it could have some life on video and all, but the animated scene is crowded with Disney and Pixar being so strong and Blue Sky and Dreamworks having several successes. Unless you have something really distinct and different that gets critics in a frenzy be hard to crack that market.

I haven't seen it yet but I have to ask why. Why for the love of God, did they think that going up against The jungle book AND Captain America was a good idea? They're lucky they barely won against Jak and Daxter in Death Battle!

I'll buy it on blu-ray, checking imdb it seems it's not as bad as made out to be.

Around the Network

Is there any stopping Disney?

The series is definitely not iconic enough for a feature film anyways. I don't know who's idea it was, but I knew the film would flop.

KLAMarine said:
Is there any stopping Disney?

No not really. Maybe back when they were starting out with their first few movies but now they are a mega giant that has it's fingers in so many industries that they can't go bust overnight and can't be singlehandedly defeated by someone much smaller like Rainmaker, they never had a chance and neither will R&C vs most Disney IP's, they are just more popular and make much more money. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Talk about clickbait titles. Interesting to see people still falling for it, too.

As for fighting the big studios, games aimed at kids are all about advertising and money. Kids don't give a damn about Metacritic or reviews, they want to see what you make them want to see with avalanche advertising. It doesn't matter if your movie has 2 minutes of good material total as long as you can stuff those 2 minutes into a commercial and hammer them over the head with it.

After finding the original article and actually reading it, there was no blame put on Disney at all.

They simply said that the film did not do as well as expected and that a large part of the reason is because the current blockbuster movies gained all the attention during their release. Those blockbusters just happened to be owned by Disney.

The title of the article and this thread are akin to someone saying they personally blame God and the Earth for for making it rain on a day they tried to sell sunglasses. The studio was making an observation, not blaming anyone for anything.