By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is ANYBODY profiting on the PS3 right now?

One thing's for sure, the media/publications are profiting off the PS3. For such a miserable "failure" of a system, no one can stop talking about it or reading about it.  I mean, why do we even have sales numbers sites like this one, which I'm sure is profiting nicely off the ads and such?

Really, I think most people wouldn't mind eventually owning a PS3. They're just waiting for the price to come down. If there was a deal today for a brand new PS3 for $250, most people would take it. Yeah, $250 is not going to be a reality right now, but that's not the point. The point is that most people would buy one if (or, more accurately, "when") presented with what they think is the "right" price. At the end of its lifespan, 7 to 10 years from now, the PS3 will have compiled its share of good games, certainly enough to justify the $200 or whatever it will have gone down to by then. The continued strong sales of the PS2 even now shows there is no shortage of late adopters.

Around the Network
Blue3 said:
threads like this are always good for a lol. Without a doubt, Insomiacs is the most happy PS3 developer +1 million in sales for their launch title.

If Sony published a game that sold 1 Million copies I'm certain we would have heard them mention it by now

HappySqurriel said:
Blue3 said:
threads like this are always good for a lol. Without a doubt, Insomiacs is the most happy PS3 developer +1 million in sales for their launch title.

If Sony published a game that sold 1 Million copies I'm certain we would have heard them mention it by now

ahh some one cant accept anything PS3 doing well. 

Just show where your numbers come from blue and they will probably give in going off this site though there are about 680k sells in America and 120k in Japan if you can come up with the other 200k for Europe numbers in about a month and a half then show your source. And for JSF would that not be true of any of the major consoles of last generation I mean if your price for the PS1 was 50 dollars you waited a long time to get it and could of just put that money towards a PS2 and I believe it was almost 10 years before they made that drop in 6 years the most I'd expect from the PS3 is a drop like the PS2 of about 55-60% of its orginal price so maybe people would consider it worth it in 6 years to buy the system for 240-300 dollars if all they truly were waiting for to keep from buying the system was the price although more than likely if it was the systems price and not the games those people likely will invest the 240-300 in new systems out at the time by Microsoft, Nintendo and depending on how things are going Sony.

larry said:
jlauro said:
Lots on wii are happy.  Ubishot for one who had better then expected sales of Rayman and others.  Excellent sales for low-medium budget games.  The only 3rd parties that are not happy are the ones that did not make any games because they spent all their time working on PS3 games.

RR7,resistance ,motorstorm all made money for ps3 in Japan ,Us and Eu

unlike all x360 games .for instance Lost planet ,AC 4 and BlueDragon have caused Sagaguchi and Capcom millions in losses.

How so?  Blue Dragon was bankrolled by Microsoft and hasn't even been released in North America or Europe yet so it's a little too early for your doom and gloom predictions.  Besides isn't this thread about if there's actually anyone profiting off the PS3?

Edit: Oh and before Lost Planet launched Capcom said they were hoping for sales of at least 740,000 (break even point?) but it has sold over 1,040,000 WorldWide so they must be happy.  To put that into perspective, hasn't only 1 PS3 game made it over the million mark?  LOL :)

source: http://wii.ign.com/articles/746/746380p1.html

Around the Network
Blue3 said:
HappySqurriel said:
Blue3 said:

ahh some one cant accept anything PS3 doing well. 

I posted the numbers, and while i can believe it has sold a million, the numbers dont yet support that stance.

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play