By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game series with flawless records

For most people probably mario kart and smash bros. For me halo but a lot of people thought halo 4 was a disappointment. But Those 3 I've enjoyed every one so far

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Anfebious said:
None, all videogame series have a black sheep.

Pretty much, Uncharted has Golden Abyss, Dragon Quest has 10, Final Fantasy has 13 and others, Zelda has CDi Games, Pokemon has too much water, Etc Etc. Mario Kart has the GBA, Civilization has Civ V (without DLC). I can break down any game and I can find the black sheep. 

What would be Serious Sam's black sheep?

ninjapirate42 said:
If I could just remove the DS Zelda's I'd have no problem saying Zelda.
Even the games that people don't generally love as much are adored by many.

I would bring up the CDi games, but people would hate me for that. Hahahahahahahaha.

But seriously now, people are bringing Soul series, Uncharted, etc. I don't think franchises with 3 or 4 games can be considered "flawless". They didn't had enough time to screw up. Yet.

Wright said:
Acevil said:

Pretty much, Uncharted has Golden Abyss, Dragon Quest has 10, Final Fantasy has 13 and others, Zelda has CDi Games, Pokemon has too much water, Etc Etc. Mario Kart has the GBA, Civilization has Civ V (without DLC). I can break down any game and I can find the black sheep. 

All of them?

(Seriously, never heard of those games)

Signature goes here!

Donkey Kong Country (not including DK spinoffs) - even when you throw Jungle Beat in there, all the DKC games have had excellent fan reception and solid reviews in gaming press.

DKC:TF somehow bore the weight of trying the vindicate the whole damn WiiU all once - hence the lower critic reviews, but just about everyone else who's played it will tell it's even better than DKC Returns.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
vivster said:

Dragon Quest. Because they know what people want and they will never touch the winning formula, because if they do, people will riot.
I can say that because I recently played DQ1-6 and currently DQ8 again. It's basically the same great game over and over with a few nice tweaks to surprise the players without overwhelming them or breaking the formula.

This! Perfect series and my fave

Grand Theft Auto and Metal Gear Solid comes to mind. Especially at how high they've been holding.

Wright said:
Acevil said:

Serious Sam 3, or that PS2 game? 

Mass Effect :)

Elderscrolls

Acevil said:
Anfebious said:
None, all videogame series have a black sheep.

To be fair these are all well recieved and great games I wouldn't call them black sheep