By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WiiU's Pokken outsold PS4's Street Fighter V at retail in the US, too.

Which game do you prefer?

Pokken Tournament 256 68.09%

Street Fighter 4 64 17.02%

None. 56 14.89%

Total:376
Kerotan said:

Street fighter 5 has sold 1.4m to retailers as of the start of this quarter. What has Pokken shipped?

Vgchartz has Pokken at 0.68 and that's slightly overtracked in America.  So has Pokken really outsold Street fighter?  Maybe in the USA but I have serious doubts WW.

Pokken outsold it practically everywhere (aside from UK) just look up all Pal Charts. In japan its over double probably now. SFV is overshipped currently

Around the Network
Ruler said:

SF sold 1.4 Million according to capcom. In what way can Pokken outsell SF?

Pokken sell to consumers is alot higher though. 

We are talking retail only here. I believe Capcom numbers included digital sales.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

FunFan said:
Nogamez said:

Pokemons not struggling though.....

Maybe Street Fighter wouldn't be struggling if it was on WiiU, like Pokken.

It would still be struggling lol

Kerotan said:

Street fighter 5 has sold 1.4m to retailers as of the start of this quarter. What has Pokken shipped?

Vgchartz has Pokken at 0.68 and that's slightly overtracked in America.  So has Pokken really outsold Street fighter?  Maybe in the USA but I have serious doubts WW.

Haven't you heard?  Worldwide in the USA xD now im really testing some users thread history knowledge lol

Around the Network

Doesn't Nintendo confirm all million sellers? Maybe I am thinking of another company. Either way Capcom said 1.4m for SFV. Maybe next Quarter Nintendo can confirm how much Pokken sold.

RolStoppable said:
FunFan said:
We are talking retail only here. I believe Capcom numbers included digital sales.

Capcom's numbers are shipped plus digital, which is common practice in financial reports.

Besides, your link in the OP has additional clarification from ZhugeEX, stating that the inclusion of digital sales for the US market would still have Pokken ahead. This suggests that Pokken's retail sales are ahead of Street Fighter V by a comfortable margin.

O.O So truth. Did you just exposed that I might have skimmed through it...

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Farsala said:
Doesn't Nintendo confirm all million sellers? Maybe I am thinking of another company. Either way Capcom said 1.4m for SFV. Maybe next Quarter Nintendo can confirm how much Pokken sold.

Pokken isnt a nintendo game. Like HW the company eho made it announces sales

tbone51 said:
Farsala said:

Right, so radio silence from Bandai Namco?

Farsala said:
tbone51 said:

Right, so radio silence from Bandai Namco?

Did their quarter report come out yet? Im surprised they didnt announce sales yet like tecmo did