By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Petition: Remove Uncharted 4 Washington Post Review from Metacritic

Sprash said:

Isn't it also freedom of speech that every person (in this case every gamer) has the right to express their opinion against this review if they don't like it?

and as far as I know this petition isn't created to ban all low scores uncharted 4 will get, but was created to "... Also , he never gave the game a rating in his review , so the 40/100 should either be removed from the metascore or added to his review. Things must be cleared"

Fun fact: signing this petition takes less time than writing your comment so I guess you also have to much freetime^^ wanna do something together?

If they want to partition something they should partition getting the rules changed, perhaps automatically removing the top 5 and bottom 5 reviews or some other method to remove the garbage. Trying to get one review removed or changed from a site that allows thousands of garbage reviews (both positive and negative) to stand is idiotic, it doesn't address the issue, it just caters to fanboi's that care too much for one particular game.

Freedom of speech is about being heard without fear of supression, it is NOT about your freedom to supress someone elses view (no matter how moronic that view may be)

Fun Fact: I don't sign moronic partitions no matter how fast they are too sign.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Teeqoz said:

It was painful to read. Honestly.

I'm not talking about the review.

I'm talking about the petition.

So am I lol. The syntax (and grammar) is terrible.

Sprash said:
SuperNova said:
YEAH! Stifle that freedom of speech! No one needed that anyways!

This has to be one of the most ridiculous petitions I've seen in a while. Do you honestly have nothing better to do with your life, rather than to obsess over the percentile of an incredibly high meta score?

Easy question: Did you like the game? If the question to that answer is yes, you shouldn't even give a shit about any rewiews at all, let alone meta scores. If you need validation of your own opinion that desperately you should work on your self esteem, not create pointless petitions.

Rewiews are for people who don't know if they will like a piece of media and are trying to make a buying decision off of them. They are not some kind of circle wank for people validating their choice in console, exclusives and general taste in games.

Lastly if you want to strike the lowerst scores from a meta, you have to strike the highest too, otherwise you don't arrive at a fair estimate.

Isn't it also freedom of speech that every person (in this case every gamer) has the right to express their opinion against this review if they don't like it?

and as far as I know this petition isn't created to ban all low scores uncharted 4 will get, but was created to "... Also , he never gave the game a rating in his review , so the 40/100 should either be removed from the metascore or added to his review. Things must be cleared"

Fun fact: signing this petition takes less time than writing your comment so I guess you also have to much freetime^^ wanna do something together?

There is a distinct diffrence between voicing your dissatisfaction with something and actively trying to shut something down. This petition falls into the latter category, no two ways around it.

And yes, of course it's everyones right to spend their free time however idotic as they choose, as you so politely pointed out to me. That, however also means that I have every right to shake my head at the way other people choose to spend theirs, just as much as you do. We can play that game til eternity.

Also, if you really wanted to get pedantic with me, I of course was never actually talking about taking the time to sign this petition. I was rather talking about the whole concept of rather regularily checking into the metacritic score of a game you allegedly love only to go and invest the emotional potential to get upset at something so incredibly tiny as the percentile of said score. Then investing the research time to find the 'guilty' culprit and writing up tihs petition. It strikes me as a fairly unneccissary emotional as well as time investment, when you could just go and play a game you think is great.

But you knew that. So don't try and get cheeky.

nanarchy said:
Sprash said:

If they want to partition something they should partition getting the rules changed, perhaps automatically removing the top 5 and bottom 5 reviews or some other method to remove the garbage. Trying to get one review removed or changed from a site that allows thousands of garbage reviews (both positive and negative) to stand is idiotic, it doesn't address the issue, it just caters to fanboi's that care too much for one particular game.

Freedom of speech is about being heard without fear of supression, it is NOT about your freedom to supress someone elses view (no matter how moronic that view may be)

Fun Fact: I don't sign moronic partitions no matter how fast they are too sign.

This petition isn't about to lynch someone for having a opinion or to supress this score and review of this guy this petition is more about that "Things must be cleared" a simple statement (a real statement) from metacritic or washington post were everything is explained and we wouldn't have to deal with this petition (or at least not with this many signatures), but nope nothing till now.

Fun Fact: I guess you misunderstood, but don't worry can happen^^

SuperNova said:
Sprash said:

There is a distinct diffrence between voicing your dissatisfaction with something and actively trying to shut something down. This petition falls into the latter category, no two ways around it.

And yes, of course it's everyones right to spend their free time however idotic as they choose, as you so politely pointed out to me. That, however also means that I have every right to shake my head at the way other people choose to spend theirs, just as much as you do. We can play that game til eternity.

Also, if you really wanted to get pedantic with me, I of course was never actually talking about taking the time to sign this petition. I was rather talking about the whole concept of rather regularily checking into the metacritic score of a game you allegedly love only to go and invest the emotional potential to get upset at something so incredibly tiny as the percentile of said score. Then investing the research time to find the 'guilty' culprit and writing up tihs petition. It strikes me as a fairly unneccissary emotional as well as time investment, when you could just go and play a game you think is great.

But you knew that. So don't try and get cheeky.

Bolded: I don't know why, but that is funny^^

Around the Network
midrange said:
Puppyroach said:
Why does it matter if someone wrote a satirical review with what was perceived as a low score? Why is it important for that score to be removed?

Why was it included in the first place? This sets a precedent for future troll reviews that raise or lower the metacritic score (which affects the salaries of developers)

Has then been proven or just that 1 contract?

Sprash said:

This petition isn't about to lynch someone for having a opinion or to supress this score and review of this guy this petition is more about that "Things must be cleared" a simple statement (a real statement) from metacritic or washington post were everything is explained and we wouldn't have to deal with this petition (or at least not with this many signatures), but nope nothing till now.

No I didn't misunderstand. This is a moronic partition focusing on one review for one game when the entire site is ridled with such examples. Instead of using this as an example of what is wrong on metacritic and trying to get it fixed they instead waste a perfect opportunity and instead focus on one dumb incident on a site that is so riddled with bad or troll reviews that it is borderline useless site.

Fun Fact : No matter how you twist or turn this the partition is an idiotic waste of time and even more so because it could have actually been used to address the core problems with metacritic.

Well since someone made the effort of making a petition, I might as well sign it. Though this petition should be a petition about the inclusion of all clickbait and troll scores on metacritic within the critics section.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

nanarchy said:
Sprash said:

No I didn't misunderstand. This is a moronic partition focusing on one review for one game when the entire site is ridled with such examples. Instead of using this as an example of what is wrong on metacritic and trying to get it fixed they instead waste a perfect opportunity and instead focus on one dumb incident on a site that is so riddled with bad or troll reviews that it is borderline useless site.

Fun Fact : No matter how you twist or turn this the partition is an idiotic waste of time and even more so because it could have actually been used to address the core problems with metacritic.

You know what. People actually are doing something. You are just talking. You say you know the bigger problem that is here, why are you not in favour of going with this movement and petition and take it even further than just talking.

THIS is how you change something. BUT you are not going to change anything by just talking about the problems. Something has to be done, and these guys are doing it. This will then spread to other metascore as well as long people are loud enough.

Ultr said:

You know what. People actually are doing something. You are just talking. You say you know the bigger problem that is here, why are you not in favour of going with this movement and petition and take it even further than just talking.

THIS is how you change something. BUT you are not going to change anything by just talking about the problems. Something has to be done, and these guys are doing it. This will then spread to other metascore as well as long people are loud enough.

The point is, they are NOT doing something. They had a prime opportunity to do something but were unable to look at the bigger picture. It is like seeing a car speeding past a kindergarten, instead of partitioning to get the road signed or speed bumps etc installed instead they partition for the police to go after the person they saw speeding, they are addressing a symptom instead of the problem. Make a partition that addresses the problem and I will happily sign it, until then I am quite happy to just ignore metacritic as a source of reviews.