By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Petition: Remove Uncharted 4 Washington Post Review from Metacritic

KLXVER said:
Where is the petition to remove the perfect 10s?

This. 

Around the Network
pokoko said:
KLXVER said:

True. Which is why I think this whole Uncharted 4 anger is mostly because people dont agree with the review.

In some cases, it doesn't actually matter about the reason.  I know I'm not mad about a Metacritic score.  I make fun of Metacritic all the time.  However, if there is a problem, I think it should be fixed.  That's just a matter of practicality.  Fix it now and it won't keep being a problem.  I can step over a hole in the road with little effort but if that hole gets fixed then I won't have to worry about stepping over it each and every time.

You should just stop going that way.

spemanig said:

You're contradicting yourself. Of course it has an answer. It's a question. All questions have answers. It's still a rhetorical question. A rhetorical question is a question who's sole function is to push a rhetoric from an assumed answer rather than to enquire. All that matters is that I meant it rhetorically and that my inferred answer is understood for it to be a rhetorical question. I asked "Who cares," because the assumed answer in the context that I used it in was "no one should care." When anyone asks "who cares," the assumed answer is always "no one blah blah." It doesn't matter if you have your own answer for it. I didn't ask the question so you could answer it. I asked the question to push the rhetoric that no one should care about a joke review.

Not even Troy Baker. Everyone at Naughty Dog could tweet about this and it wouldn't change the sentiment.

And by the way "who are you to blah blah blah" is rhetorical too. It doesn't matter who you are. I'm not trying to learn about you as a person. I'm being rhetorical. You are not in a place where you have the insight or knowledge to spew that kind of accusation at anybody. That's the rhetoric. People changing history or whatever doesn't matter. I wasn't asking. I wasn't "attacking your bona fides." I was being rhetorical. Troy Baker didn't say or imply that he thought that gaming media made bad reviews for hits. You did. He literally doesn't matter in any of this. You're not basing your accusation on anything but the fact that two reviews don't match the popular consensus. So it's either they did it for the clicks, or the far more likely reason the reviewers just didn't like the fucking games.

Or it was just satire, in which case, who the fuck cares? (Don't answer that. It's rhetorical.) It's a joke.

And I'm not sure you get how this stuff works. You are the accuser, not me. I don't need to have anything - you do. It's not proof, so there's no "then again" here. It is a stretch, and you don't have an even remotely solid foundation from which to make an accusation of ethics like that on such weak theory. You have nothing, and that's all that matters when you're the accuser.

P.S. I follow Troy on twitter and I actually read the OP of the thread. Of course I knew about his endorsement.

I don't mean to interrupt your argument but you do know that no one else has to give a rat's ass that you intended a question to be rhetorical?  

No, don't answer that, I was being rhetorical.

CGI-Quality said:
Cloudman said:
I can't help but feel a little embarrassed that there is a petition to remove a review because it drops a point off a highly regarded game. Although MC sometimes is seen as serious business...

But as stated, it's not because of a mere point off the Metascore. 

Well, it sounds like it's part of the reason for this petition. If it didn't affect the score, this petition probably wouldn't have happened.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

CGI-Quality said:
Cloudman said:

Well, it sounds like it's part of the reason for this petition. If it didn't affect the score, this petition probably wouldn't have happened.

That's neither here nor there. What isn't speculation, however, is why it exists (as the reason is in the petition [and OP - for those that choose to fully read it]).

The score is a big part of the reason. Its what he starts out talking about in the petition.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Cloudman said:

That's neither here nor there. What isn't speculation, however, is why it exists (as the reason is in the petition [and OP - for those that choose to fully read it]).

Well, I read the OP and the reason behind it, and it does sound like this review dropping the score is a reason for it.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

CGI-Quality said:
KLXVER said:

The score is a big part of the reason. Its what he starts out talking about in the petition.

Cloudman said:

Well, I read the OP and the reason behind it, and it does sound like this review dropping the score is a reason for it.

Yeah, then he goes on to say that you either disregard the score or add it to the review, itself. Meaning, he'd have less of a problem, if the score was actually a part of the review. Leading back to my point.

Well MC cant add a score to a review on another site.

CGI-Quality said:
KLXVER said:

Well MC cant add a score to a review on another site.

Which was never implied that they did.

Yeah, I thought the petition was to MC only. Just saw that it was meant for both MC and WP.

How insecure does someone have to be to start/sign a petition to have a video game review removed from a website like Metacritic?

When The Order 1886 scored a 63 everyone was yelling about how irrelevant/meaningless Metacritic was but now the difference between a 93 and a 94 warrants multiple threads and a petition?

I've seen a lot of embarrassing things here at VGC but this hands down takes the cake.

stop giving the WP review more attention and get the fuck over with it
the game got 93 on mc and maybe it will go up to 94 if edge give it a 10
the rest of uc fans like me and others don't care about mc
these rotten minority are giving us uncharted fans a bad name smh

User was moderated for this post

-Super_Boom