By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Your thoughts on Barack Obama?

Some progress was made on diplomatic front and the US citizens finally have a semblance of healthcare.
Foreign policy was disastrous though and some major social conflicts in the US remain unresolved.

Around the Network
Jpcc86 said:
All these "the country is divided" comments are weird. If your country is divided it's because your extremist right party is not supporting the president, that's on you, not on him.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/06/12/7-things-to-know-about-polarization-in-america/

The right weren't the only group that has contributed to the cultural divide. What was one racial policy that Obama espoused that the right refused to support and it didn't go through? Did the right interfere with his non-attempts to end the drug war or reduce law enforcement militarization? Both of these would've done wonders for racial equality and harmony.

I am going to assume you're not American by the use of the posessive pronoun "If your country." If that is the case, it shows. Otherwise please go ahead and tell us how the "extremist right" prevented Obama from improving race relations. 

Jpcc86 said:
All these "the country is divided" comments are weird. If your country is divided it's because your extremist right party is not supporting the president, that's on you, not on him.

More divided on race lines, and on federal vs state rights.

Some of Trumps recent statemens about States should be in power may be what gets him in the office. I am not a fan of the federal government being in charge of everything, they are too far removed from the people. Many of these policies would be better done at state levels and have more support. Unfortunaly Obam did not take that route, instead of trying to convince the people and states to change he is forcing change down their throats. That will only lead to resisitance as we have seen.

foodfather said:
He didn't change shit. Bill Clinton did more for race than this clown ever did. Bill Clinton and Bush had to deal with more atrocities in their time and America still came out OK.

Obama's biggest challenge is probably deciding what hashtag to use. He is a joke.

Good riddance.

Haha please. The Clinton's and Bushes didn't do shit for us other than made it easier to lock us the fuck up. 

He did what presidents are suppose to do, promise the moon but deliver a rock, so average. If you think hillary or Bernie or Trump will do any better, lol, good luck. With 24 hours media, social media every little thing the president does is twisted to reinforce whatever argument you have over the president wherever you are on the left or right.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

He was ok. Not the worst nor best president their country has seen. Awful job on foreign policy (cuba an exception), had no effect in dealing with race-war in the US. Did ok with the economy, though no one could beat Bush in destroying it. 

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

thranx said:
Jpcc86 said:

More divided on race lines, and on federal vs state rights.

Some of Trumps recent statemens about States should be in power may be what gets him in the office. I am not a fan of the federal government being in charge of everything, they are too far removed from the people. Many of these policies would be better done at state levels and have more support. Unfortunaly Obam did not take that route, instead of trying to convince the people and states to change he is forcing change down their throats. That will only lead to resisitance as we have seen.

Personally I've never been a fan of this line of reasoning. You're either a country of you're not. You shouldn't have radically different regions of the country with varying different laws.

Judging a president before his run even ends is ridiculous. Obama, more than most presidents of the last century, has pushed policies forward that are meant to improve the future, not the now. The ACA was explicitly stated to inevitably have growing pains the first five or so years, for example.

It's far too soon to put forth any sort of stance, because we won't know if it worked until decades from now. I mean a lot of Bill Clinton's policies have been realized as actually harmful after the fact, yet people in this thread are praising him by comparison!

My only complaint is that he moved far more to the center than I'd have liked in his time, especially when it comes to cybersecurity. A Hillary Clinton presidency is exactly what this government wants, so that it may have unlimited access to personal data by way of tech, and that was my initial reason to push away from the Democratic establishment this cycle. I'd either be voting for the right wing or the even more right wing if I stayed in one party or the other.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

The affordable care act that isn't you know .... affordable. My neighbors cost for health care almost double and doesn't cover as much. That is screwed up. I still remember that mom from the Hillary rally telling Hillary that she would love to vote democrat, but her health care almost tripple. So thanks for making us give a lot of our money to the health insurance companies.

Also, another thing, but it has been a while. The housing bailout was really bad.  We shouldn't bail out people especially considering a lot of those people had no business looking for homes. We shouldn't bail out people or banks for their stupid ideas. This is partly the reason why homes in America are so expensive. They allow anyone pretty much to take out a mortgage thanks to Bill Clinton (mostly). Now we are doing the same thing practically. 

What do Obama supporters have to say on the TPP?