By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Least favourite starter Pokemon of each gen?

Worst gen for starters?

1 5 3.38%

2 18 12.16%

3 7 4.73%

4 21 14.19%

5 57 38.51%

6 17 11.49%

7 23 15.54%

Total:148

Least favorite?

Gen 1: Bulbasaur. But I still like it.
Gen 2: Chikorita. I always thought this thing was awkward since the first time I saw it.
Gen 3: Mudkip
Gen 4: Turtwig. I still think it's cute tho
Gen 5: Tepig
Gen 6: Froakie - If I was considering their final forms then Chespin would be my least favorite because Chesnaught is pretty ugly.
Gen 7: Popplio. I don't think it's bad but the others still look better

*I'm not considering their final forms.

Around the Network

voted gen5.

Zkuq said:

I've managed to miss out on all Pokemon games so far, but I have interest. Anyway, judging by the looks:

• 1: Bulbasaur (looks pretty stupid even though I like how it has more character than Squirtle)
  • 2: Chikorita
  • 3: Mudkip
  • 4: Turtwig (was about to say Piplup for being too rounded but Turtwig looks really dumb)
  • 5: Oshawott
  • 6: Froakie
  • 7: Popplio

Gen 7 seems the worst overall. I wouldn't want to pick a single one of them. Gen 4 has pretty much the same situation, but they're a bit better. I have no idea why people are disliking gen 5.

Sooooo since you missed out on all Pokémon games have you seen the evolutions for the 5th gen starters ? 

Luke888 said:
Zkuq said:

I've managed to miss out on all Pokemon games so far, but I have interest. Anyway, judging by the looks:

• 1: Bulbasaur (looks pretty stupid even though I like how it has more character than Squirtle)
  • 2: Chikorita
  • 3: Mudkip
  • 4: Turtwig (was about to say Piplup for being too rounded but Turtwig looks really dumb)
  • 5: Oshawott
  • 6: Froakie
  • 7: Popplio

Gen 7 seems the worst overall. I wouldn't want to pick a single one of them. Gen 4 has pretty much the same situation, but they're a bit better. I have no idea why people are disliking gen 5.

Sooooo since you missed out on all Pokémon games have you seen the evolutions for the 5th gen starters ? 

Ah, I see. And to answer your question, no I haven't. They must really suck then, considering the results of this poll.

Gen 1: Bulbasaur
Gen 2: Chikorita
Gen 3: Treecko
Gen 4: Turtwig (Least favorite starter gen)
Gen 5: Tepig
Gen 6: Fennekin
Gen 7: Popplio

Around the Network

Gen 1: Bulbasaur- i already have a harted of grass types due to their insane amount of weaknesses. but bulbasaur is especially useless. if i ever needed a grass/poison type, i could always catch a Bellsprout/Oddish up in Cerulean City. on my VC Blue game i just trained up a Parasect and he does great.

Gen 2: Chikorita- aside from my dislike of grass, i used Cyndaquil in silver and totodile in SoulSilver so i just have no attachment at all to it.

Gen 3: Treeko- i dont get what the big deal is or why the treeko line is so loved. it is the only gen 3 starter not to get a secondary type and really my only attackment to it is from the mystery dungeon games.

gen 4: Chimchar- this started didnt really bring much new to the table. a monkey, nothing special. Blaziken already beat Infernape to the fire/fighting typing. and look at the other 2. Torterra is still the only grass/ground type and Empoleon gets so many resistances with that steel/water typing.

Gen 5: Tepig & Snivy- for Tepig, we got 2 fire/fighting already so this is just lame. and Snivy just becomes a snake with no unique features. like... where did its arms go?

Gen 6: Fennekin- Delphox is just a lame final evolution design and compared to Greninja and Chesnaught, it gets put to shame.

Gen 7: Popplio- i love water types, and i am definitely choosing Popplio in sun and moon, but come on, that design is just bad. the clown theme is not going well for it, and I have even seem fans redraw Popplio and make it look 10x better while only changing a few details. but how did water starers go from a Ninja to a Clown? seriously?

Yerm said:
Gen 1: Bulbasaur- i already have a harted of grass types due to their insane amount of weaknesses. but bulbasaur is especially useless. if i ever needed a grass/poison type, i could always catch a Bellsprout/Oddish up in Cerulean City. on my VC Blue game i just trained up a Parasect and he does great.

You can tell when someone doesn't play competitvely. Before mega's Venusaur was the only truly viable Kanto starter and with his mega he's even more viable. Calling him useless is simply wrong, its just that you don't know how to use him.

Gen 2: Chikorita- aside from my dislike of grass, i used Cyndaquil in silver and totodile in SoulSilver so i just have no attachment at all to it.

Gen 3: Treeko- i dont get what the big deal is or why the treeko line is so loved. it is the only gen 3 starter not to get a secondary type and really my only attackment to it is from the mystery dungeon games.

Because its a good Pokemon that doesn't need a secondary typing, Yes it gets dragon as a mega but that just makes him ice fodder for his lacking defence. Treecko is amazing Pokemon has great stats and did you see grovyle's design?  Its pretty clear as to why treecko is loved.

gen 4: Chimchar- this started didnt really bring much new to the table. a monkey, nothing special. Blaziken already beat Infernape to the fire/fighting typing. and look at the other 2. Torterra is still the only grass/ground type and Empoleon gets so many resistances with that steel/water typing.

And Prior to gen 5, Infernape was also superior to Blaziken, and he honestly has a better diesgn by far. Empoleon is just an absolutely terrible mon compared to the other 2.

Gen 5: Tepig & Snivy- for Tepig, we got 2 fire/fighting already so this is just lame. and Snivy just becomes a snake with no unique features. like... where did its arms go?

Gen 6: Fennekin- Delphox is just a lame final evolution design and compared to Greninja and Chesnaught, it gets put to shame.

Gen 7: Popplio- i love water types, and i am definitely choosing Popplio in sun and moon, but come on, that design is just bad. the clown theme is not going well for it, and I have even seem fans redraw Popplio and make it look 10x better while only changing a few details. but how did water starers go from a Ninja to a Clown? seriously?

The starters are unrelated to previous gens. I like his design, you saying his design is bad is your opinion. I find him cute.

Just a few responses to the ones I disagree with.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

spemanig said:
I've liked all the starters eventually. I'd never use one, but they all have good designs.

Except maybe Typhlosion's line, which is mediocre. That's really it, though.

Hey now, them's fighting words... *_*

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

The Starter Warz are as real as the Waifu Warz :P

I could pick 1 from each gen, but the thing is, I don't really dislike any of the starters. Most of them are great designs. If I had to say any starters I didn't like, it probably be Mudkip and Popplio. I thought the Mudkip line was just the weirdest, and Popplio just looks like the dumbest design starter of them all. Maybe it's 2nd and final form will redeem Popplio.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread