By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kojima's confirms his next game will be TPS action. What sub genre would you like?

What kind of TPS would you like him to create?

Horror? 11 25.58%

Rpg? 9 20.93%

Jrpg? 6 13.95%

Linear action game (like uncharted) 7 16.28%

Stealth action? 4 9.30%

Open world sandbox? 2 4.65%

Plain standard action TPS... 1 2.33%

Hero shooter/MP only online/Moba? 0 0%

Point and click adventure action? 0 0%

Have I missed a genre/sub... 3 6.98%

Total:43

I would like him to make an open-world steath horror survival zombie action game.

Around the Network

I freaking love Uncharted so that's fine with me. But a spiritual succesor to Jack and Daxter with a heavier focus on 3rd person shooting isn't bad either.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

So when did he say it will even be a third-person game? He sure compared it to two third-person games, but did he ever actually confirm it will be one? Sure, it's likely it will be, but I don't think it's confirmed.

A co-op third person action. The MMOishness of the Division. The action of Uncharteds platforming and large set pieces.

John2290 said:
Xxain said:

Update your thread title because its wrong. He said action, nothing was said about being TPS.

Also why do have RPG and JRPG as options? JRPG,WRPG, ARPG,MMORPG, TTRPG - all of thes are umbrellad under the general term "RPG". The letter in front is a indicater of the style. They are not separate genres.

Wtf is a hero shooter?

I'm pretty sure I read that he said TPS action. Oh and a hero shooter is like overwatch, team fortress battleborne...and yes it doesn't matter is its fps or tps/

VGChartz linked this article as the original source, where Kojima said this:

About the new title

“It’s an amazing game. Along with the plot, characters, and game system, I’m brainstorming everything equally. Some parts are very new, so I’ll need to experiment with it.”

“I won’t say that it’s an open-world title, but those that enjoy playing today’s AAA titles such as The Division and Uncharted will be able to play it smoothly. When it gets announced some may thing that it’s not as way-out as they had expected, but I’m sure they’ll understand once they play it. The genre is action.”

Maybe I can't read, but I don't see him saying it's a third-person game. It seems likely that it's going to be one but it's not confirmed .

Around the Network
Xxain said:

What I want is something similar to Ghost in the Shell but from Kojima.

Great idea

Zkuq said:

“I won’t say that it’s an open-world title, but those that enjoy playing today’s AAA titles such as The Division and Uncharted will be able to play it smoothly. When it gets announced some may thing that it’s not as way-out as they had expected, but I’m sure they’ll understand once they play it. The genre is action.”

Maybe I can't read, but I don't see him saying it's a third-person game. It seems likely that it's going to be one but it's not confirmed .

If you can play today's third person shooters you " will be able to play it smoothly" seriously what are the chances it's not a third person shooter

I would be pleased with an Uncharted-style game personally. While I was definitely exhausted with the style of game after playing The Nathan Drake Collection, Uncharted 4 made me recognize that the genre can still do a lot more and be special. That is to say, the first three Uncharted games always caused me to be frustrated at the end when there were just fire fights after fire fights, but Uncharted 4 left me wanting more (even if it was the longest Uncharted game). So, if there's any director that can do the action-adventure TPS genre justice that's not Straley/Druckmann, it's Kojima.

JustcallmeRiff said:
Zkuq said:

If you can play today's third person shooters you " will be able to play it smoothly" seriously what are the chances it's not a third person shooter

The chances are mainly theoretical, but it's still not technically confirmed. For all we know, he could be taking everything else people are familiar with in those games and putting those elements in his new game and ignoring all the shooting stuff. Extremely unlikely but possible.