By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Theory: A new Pokémon type to be introduced in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon.

tbone51 said:

While No type might be OP, there is quite a level in difference between all 18 types! You can break it into tiers. 

Imo.... Something like this..... (This is mostly defensive so pls be easy on me)

Godly: Steel

Great: Fairy, Poison, Elect, Water, Ghost, Normal

Average: Dark, Fire, Bug, Fighting, Flying, Dragon, Ground

Poor: , Rock, Grass, Psykic, 

Shit: Ice (lol)

We just need Ice and a few bits for Rock/Grass/Psykic for a boost. Only good thing about steel not being Super OP is 2 of its 3 weaknesses are common attacking moves.

Fire has 4 supereffectives, 3 weaknesses, and a whopping 6 resistances. It's definitely an above average type. Fighting Ground and Flying I'd argue for aswell, but I agree with your poor and shit tiers though. Poor Pyschic, how the mighty have fallen!

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
tbone51 said:

While No type might be OP, there is quite a level in difference between all 18 types! You can break it into tiers. 

Imo.... Something like this..... (This is mostly defensive so pls be easy on me)

We just need Ice and a few bits for Rock/Grass/Psykic for a boost. Only good thing about steel not being Super OP is 2 of its 3 weaknesses are common attacking moves.

Fire has 4 supereffectives, 3 weaknesses, and a whopping 6 resistances. It's definitely an above average type. Fighting Ground and Flying I'd argue for aswell, but I agree with your poor and shit tiers though. Poor Pyschic, how the mighty have fallen!

Even though i understand what you mean, Sme types are weird such as fire because its a type that is normally defenseless. All fire type pokemon (well most) have shit Def+SpDef. Look at all the fire starters. Exception of Mega Charizard X (def) and somewhat Delphox (SpDef). Fire does have good coverage though. Ironically Ice has some of the best Def or SpDef pokemon overall! (Regice / Cloyster / Avalugg) but they cant do shit with Horrible Ice type :-/

Cloudman said:
Ka-pi96 said:

The most commonly speculated ones are probably light and sound.

Although I've seen people asking for a fossil type too. Wouldn't be that common but it would at least be cool to have all the fossil pokemon having their own type and not stuck with rock type all the time.

I guess light can work. It can be strong against dark and weak to poison or something. I'd have to think on that.

Sound, I don't see how that can work though... Where did that idea even come from?

Fairy is already strong against Dark and weak to Poison. ;)

tbone51 said:

Even though i understand what you mean, Sme types are weird such as fire because its a type that is normally defenseless. All fire type pokemon (well most) have shit Def+SpDef. Look at all the fire starters. Exception of Mega Charizard X (def) and somewhat Delphox (SpDef). Fire does have good coverage though. Ironically Ice has some of the best Def or SpDef pokemon overall! (Regice / Cloyster / Avalugg) but they cant do shit with Horrible Ice type :-/

Yep and yet even with those stats that don't directly correlate with typing (defenseless is exaggeration, it's good enough to tank resisted hits, and there are more exceptions like Chandelure, Rotom H, Volcarona, etc.) they're still one of the most viable types, because Fire is just that good!

Ka-pi96 said:
All these people saying beautiful Ice types are weak

@GameFreak please make Ice type totally OP in gen 7 please

Ice is one of the best offensive typings, it jjst needs help with its defense. Make Water a resistant and add Cosmic type and make it non effective!!! 

Around the Network

I still have my doubts on a new type, but wouldn't be surprised if there was

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Einsam_Delphin said:
tbone51 said:

I'd put Bug down there with Ice. The only bugs people bother to use in top Smogon tiers are Volcarona, Mega Pinsir and (Mega) Scizor (and all three of them can't do a damn thing against Talonflame, the most common Pokemon you will ever see when playing others). The only Bug move commonly used on non-Bug types is U-Turn, and that is strictly for what it does, not it's typing.

I'd Poison down in the poor tier. The only reason it's no longer complete shit is because of fairies. The Poison mon themselves tend do have good defenses, but you can't be considered a great type having a weakness to Earthquake (the most common physical attack move in competitive play). Despite Psychic being a bad offensive type, Psychock is also pretty common. And offensively, not being able to do a thing to Steel types + the fact that many Grass types are also part Poison make it tough to carry most Poison moves. Poison is one of the easisest types to predict a coverage move coming on, to be quite honest.

Lastly, Steel and Water need to trade places. Fighting type moves are extremely common and accessible, and again, Earthquake. On top of that, most Steel types are physical attackers, making them easy to predict. There's only one real option for a special Steel attack, and it's rare to see it because Steel rarely offers better coverage that another move can't provide. Meanwhile, Water has always needed to be nerfed from Day 1. Every single Water type sans Magikarp gets Ice moves, meaning 1) they can all cover one of their weaknesses, and 2) they make Ice completley pointless as a type. Their other weakness is also poorly distributed as a coverage move to non-Electric types, and the ones that do get decent Electric coverage are easy to spot, especially physical attackers. Oh, and I haven't even gotten to the best and most common special attack in the game: Scald. That deserves its own paragraph.

Ka-pi96 said:
All these people saying beautiful Ice types are weak

@GameFreak please make Ice type totally OP in gen 7 please

Water just makes it pointless to use them. You know your Water mon will get Ice moves and have much better defenses, so why use one?

That said, I've never used an Ice type as part of my main team, so I'm going to make it happen next gen to scratch that itch.

burninmylight said:

Water just makes it pointless to use them. You know your Water mon will get Ice moves and have much better defenses, so why use one?

That said, I've never used an Ice type as part of my main team, so I'm going to make it happen next gen to scratch that itch.

Because I'm not a tryhard!  Admittedly I haven't used an Ice type extensively since Mamoswine, I only play around with Frost Rotom sometimes. I really wanted to use Aurorus since it looks beautiful but that typing is god awful what with dual 4x weaknesses. I loved it in Super Mystery Dungeon though where I made a full on Ice team, but yeah fine that don't count.

Last gen they fixed the problem of Steel n Poison being good as Pokemon but bad as moves, so hopefully this gen they'll do similarly with Ice especially since it's not as necessary as a move anymore with Fairy also supereffective against Dragons.

Ka-pi96 said:
Cloudman said:

I guess light can work. It can be strong against dark and weak to poison or something. I'd have to think on that.

Sound, I don't see how that can work though... Where did that idea even come from?

Probably from Pokemon like Loudred & Chingling. May be a little strange but I think it could work. Seen quite a few lists of Pokemon/moves that could feasibly be switched over to it.

Oh yeah, that is true, but there is such a small number of those type of pokemon that I don't see a need to make a type just for them.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread