By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - April 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware and software up!

The Zhuge ban was simply hilarius.

They banned him for about 2 months withouth a reason, then he asked why they banned him, and then they changed the ban in a permaban.

While i prefer GAF by a lot conpared to VGC ( i have my reasons ), mods here are way better.

Around the Network
Aquamarine said: It used to be NPD who was giving me so much shit for leaks....and then they finally calmed down with the management shift....and right after they calmed down I now have to deal with all the shit from the GAF mods who spread lies and slander and censor and act like petulant children. Right when I solved one problem...another headache emerged. It seems I can't catch a break! Am I cursed or something?

The whole getting-banned-for-no-reason made me kinda depressed in the past...when you spend three years of your life passionately contributing to a community every day making tens of thousands of posts and then you're just discarded like trash for no good reason....it really sucks. It's dehumanizing, you know? It's pushed me away from online communities and made me really hesitant to embrace others.

And banning my contact from NPD on a whim after he was helping GAF for three months and THEN making up all these bullshit lies about him to cover their tracks...that was the last straw. Incredibly unprofessional and petty of them...downright embarrassing that an actual company like NeoGAF LLC would act in such a manner.

Just one of countless examples of their nonsense, I'm afraid.

But whatever. I have a great life, great job, and a production company outside of forums and that's what I've been prioritizing.

The community is great, especially people like CosmicQueso who has an incredible trove of retail wisdom and insights. That's what made me gravitate to GAF in the first place. I encourage all of them----especially you, dude----to get out while you still can. They are trigger-happy-god-complex fanatics who will find some minor slight with you and shun you like a piece of discarded trash like they did with me. It's just a matter of time.

Yea I'm well aware of the shenanigans that have been happening behind the scenes. Word has made its way down the grapevine so to speak. 

I'll certainly give this forum a try and see how it goes. My main concern is the time zone difference. With Sales AGE I know I can still be part of a discussion despite my vast difference in waking/working hours. I would be worried that it might not be the case on forums such as this one that are dominated by a US centric population.  Hopefully there are a substantial number of contributors here that are active during my posting windows. We shall see.

I know many of the other Sales AGE regulars know about your presence here and I too hope more of them take a dip into these waters. I'll do what I can to encourage it. 

RexNovis said:
Aquamarine said: It used to be NPD who was giving me so much shit for leaks....and then they finally calmed down with the management shift....and right after they calmed down I now have to deal with all the shit from the GAF mods who spread lies and slander and censor and act like petulant children. Right when I solved one problem...another headache emerged. It seems I can't catch a break! Am I cursed or something?

The whole getting-banned-for-no-reason made me kinda depressed in the past...when you spend three years of your life passionately contributing to a community every day making tens of thousands of posts and then you're just discarded like trash for no good reason....it really sucks. It's dehumanizing, you know? It's pushed me away from online communities and made me really hesitant to embrace others.

And banning my contact from NPD on a whim after he was helping GAF for three months and THEN making up all these bullshit lies about him to cover their tracks...that was the last straw. Incredibly unprofessional and petty of them...downright embarrassing that an actual company like NeoGAF LLC would act in such a manner.

Just one of countless examples of their nonsense, I'm afraid.

But whatever. I have a great life, great job, and a production company outside of forums and that's what I've been prioritizing.

The community is great, especially people like CosmicQueso who has an incredible trove of retail wisdom and insights. That's what made me gravitate to GAF in the first place. I encourage all of them----especially you, dude----to get out while you still can. They are trigger-happy-god-complex fanatics who will find some minor slight with you and shun you like a piece of discarded trash like they did with me. It's just a matter of time.

Yea I'm well aware of the shenanigans that have been happening behind the scenes. Word has made its way down the grapevine so to speak. 

I'll certainly give this forum a try and see how it goes. My main concern is the time zone difference. With Sales AGE I know I can still be part of a discussion despite my vast difference in waking/working hours. I would be worried that it might not be the case on forums such as this one that are dominated by a US centric population.  Hopefully there are a substantial number of contributors here that are active during my posting windows. We shall see.

I know many of the other Sales AGE regulars know about your presence here and I too hope more of them take a dip into these waters. I'll do what I can to encourage it. 

I don't know where you live, but as a European VGC user it works just fine. I don't think the forum is quite as US centric as you may think, a lot of the users are British, or from mainland Europe. (Norwegian here btw )

Ryng_Tolu said:
The Zhuge ban was simply hilarius.

They banned him for about 2 months withouth a reason, then he asked why they banned him, and then they changed the ban in a permaban.

While i prefer GAF by a lot conpared to VGC ( i have my reasons ), mods here are way better.

It goes much deeper than that.

ZhugeEX was abused and mocked by the mods. That is not conjecture.

When you start to uncover the truth about the NeoGAF mods...it's like fridge horror...you just unravel layer after layer after layer of arrogance, abuse, favoritism, and megalomania...and it's just fucking creepy.

There's a reason why they are widely hated outside of their little bubble.

I have personally seen at least 5 verifiable examples of abuse.

RexNovis said:

This forum is slower...because very few people actually know about the studious sales analysis that goes on here.

I have mocked VG Chartz many times on GAF in the distant past....because JPMorgan Chase (where I work) has access to NPD and GfK sell-through numbers around the world and many of VG Chartz's estimates are very off-the-mark (as you can see with this month). But the community and sales analysis are sound and robust...just don't expect GAF levels of reaction and response because of the smaller community. Which quite honestly, is fine. If we were to be analogous to an airport...NeoGAF would be the general seating area, and these forums would be one of those private airport lounges...it's like a little private club in here.

Not to mention, VG Chartz does revise their data to be near the real thing the moment proper sales figures emerge...so many of its historical sales are surprisingly accurate or pretty damn close. Pachter once said that VG Chartz is honestly not that bad....and I agree with him. You can't trust it at all for recent sales...but historical sales? Meh. It's pretty good.

Teeqoz said:

I don't know where you live, but as a European VGC user it works just fine. I don't think the forum is quite as US centric as you may think, a lot of the users are British, or from mainland Europe. (Norwegian here btw )

Oh good to know! I'm currently living in Asia. As a result its often hard finding English boards with active members during my usual posting times.

Around the Network

@aqua and rex.
To put it politely, fuck NeoGAF!!

Seriously get as many people here as possible. We have some dedicated people in these forums like boutros, 'graphman' shadow and recently aqua, but not enough, we need more. You could actually help the community grow for the better.

Aquamarine, thank you for all the numbers provided, it is really appreciated. In the end, its our gain here and its there loss on Neogaf. The best thing to do is to ignore them on Neogaf, it is not worth it. Let them live in their Banning delusional world, and if they keep doing this, more people will leave their website. They are becoming less popular, just check how there website traffic is declining on Alexa

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/neogaf.com

Pinkie_pie said:
Im surprised Star fox only sold 100k.

I'm more surprised with Quantum Break selling nearly less than Star Fox (without Quantum Break's Bundles).

Thanks for the numbers Aqua. It's great that you found a new home, here all the mods will treat you well.

Boutros, I guess you can put that 75K number for 3DS in the OP because it's the only one we seem to have gotten.

Also, I talked about the weak Nintendo catalog releases....
Hyrule Warriors: Legends well below 50K
Twilight Princess HD well below 125K
Fire Emblem Fates well below 75K
Pokemon Rumble World well below 40K

etc. Cut all of those numbers in half (or more) and you get a more realistic idea about their performance this month.

You can add that to the OP as well...this is a bad month for Nintendo's recent releases. Even Smash Bros. on a combined basis did better than some of them.