By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK: 77% of Rainbow Six Vegas 2 sales are from 360 version of game

360 sucks. RROD on lots of consoles. 3 million RROD consoles and counting. You have to pay for that mediocre online service XBox Live.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Reasonable said:
Judging by all the news of bugs no-one should have bought this game!

Not my thing but I'm worried it released so soon after first with so many bugs - I don't care what last gen rate of game turnaround was, you can't take engines like U3 and push out fully polished FPS/TPS games this quickly...

The losers are consumers while the publishers see yet again that with enough hype and demand unfinished product will still sell and they can patch at lesiure later.

What, another PES 2008?

From what I read 360 version isn't too bad but has some issues while PS3 has more.  I'm not too interested in the game anyway but will keep an eye on forums to see what patches come and what difference they make.

I've nothing against popular sequels, but I don't like the speed with which this game was rushed out to get to market.  There's been too many shooters shoved out with bugs / bland graphics or other flaws (Blacksite 51, Turok, etc) IMHO opinion and it particularly worries me we now have a sequel that seems to be actually less technically competent than the previous release - that shows some pretty poor development processes or some pretty rushed development (or indeed both).

Most sequels are expected to imrove on the original (and most do) - so I'm sure GOW2 on 360 will be better than GOW (at least technically if nothing else).  RFOM2 on PS3 will improve on RFOM (at least technically if nothing else).

But a sequel that goes backwards technically?  Bad precedence.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I_own_a_PS3 said:
360 sucks. RROD on lots of consoles. 3 million RROD consoles and counting. You have to pay for that mediocre online service XBox Live.

I hate that kind of fanboysm , go play your overpriced machine and let us have fun with 360

libellule said:
this game is a non event

who cares ????????

seriously !!!!

Seconded

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

i thought the ps3 was bigger in EU then the 360, i figured it would be closer to 50/50 b/c of that

Around the Network

I've only played the first level, but I did not notice any problems, it just seems like an improved version of RSV, I am only really playing it for the online, but i will play through the single player before I move online, so they do have some time to patch it

mesoteto said:
i thought the ps3 was bigger in EU then the 360, i figured it would be closer to 50/50 b/c of that

PS3 is selling faster (time adjusted) than 360 but right now there are still more 360's around than PS3s.  The first game also reviewed / sold worse on PS3 than 360 so the existing base was always higher for 360.  The demographic of PS3 owners is broader than 360 so shooters still tend to perform better on 360. Finally, I think many PS3 owners are spending their money on GT5:P now and that must have reduced some potential Vegas sales on PS3.

Finally, PS3 version reviewed bad and is apparently way more buggy than 360 version - so that might also have kept potential buyers away.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

^thanks for the info--you just hear about how EU is sony land

Reasonable said:
mesoteto said:

PS3 is selling faster (time adjusted) than 360 but right now there are still more 360's around than PS3s.  The first game also reviewed / sold worse on PS3 than 360 so the existing base was always higher for 360.  The demographic of PS3 owners is broader than 360 so shooters still tend to perform better on 360. Finally, I think many PS3 owners are spending their money on GT5:P now and that must have reduced some potential Vegas sales on PS3.

Finally, PS3 version reviewed bad and is apparently way more buggy than 360 version - so that might also have kept potential buyers away.

A good comparison is with CoD and AC. In EU CoD sold 1.5m on 360, and 1.3m on PS3, AC sold 1.15m on 360 and 1.3m on PS3

mesoteto said:

UK! = Europe!

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.