By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo *needs* an extra 6 months to achieve optimal launch timing

Pavolink said:
And after an optimal launch, they will have still mid droughts. The launch can be solved, but they clearly have 0 effective planning for software schedules.

its not really that Nintendo has poor output, its that they have to support 2 seperate platforms concurrently.

this is probably my 100th time saying this but its the reason why a unified platform is so vital for Nintendo.

just look at 2015 for example, 3DS had a few somewhat major releases early in the year and a few late in the year but it had a pretty big gap in the middle where not much released, same goes for Wii U. with some slight adjustments a unified lineup could have looked like this

January-Kirby Rainbow Curse

February-Majora's Mask 3D

March-Mario Party 10

April-Xenoblade 3D

May-Splatoon

June-Yoshi's Woolly World

August-Happy Home Designer

September-Super Mario Maker

October-Triforce Heroes

November-Super Mystery Dungeon

December-Xenoblade X

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
I agree. Nintendo needs to get the first year as good as they can, and they MUST NOT have any more droughts.

That all depends on third party support.

Possibly, but if that was the case, they shouldn't have announced it to be launched in March since delaying it would enrage a lot of fans

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Teeqoz said:
Releasing the Wii U 6 months later is nit the same as Wii U games releasing 6 months earlier! MK8 would still release in may, Splatoon would still release in may, and so on and so forth.

You missed my point. Same launch date for the console.

WiiU itself didn't arrive 6 months too soon, but instead lacked 6 months worth of development.  6 months if invested correctly that could have realigned and beefed up the schedule to have prevented the WiiU catrastrophe down the line in Spring/Summer 2013

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

fleischr said:
Teeqoz said:
Releasing the Wii U 6 months later is nit the same as Wii U games releasing 6 months earlier! MK8 would still release in may, Splatoon would still release in may, and so on and so forth.

WiiU itself didn't arrive 6 months too soon, but instead lacked 6 months worth of development.  6 months if invested correctly that could have realigned and beefed up the schedule to have prevented the WiiU catrastrophe down the line in Spring/Summer 2013

No, I got your point, but you were twisting reality to make your point a but more rosy than it is.

Around the Network
Platina said:
Possibly, but if that was the case, they shouldn't have announced it to be launched in March since delaying it would enrage a lot of fans

If NX launched this holiday, it might have launched with fewer AAA titles than even the WiiU did. Possibly even with CoD or Fifa. Possibly even fewer 1st party titles. A 3rd place finish for your product launch just doesn't sit right with anyown. Let's get real: Zelda doesn't guarantee the NX's launch success. It's important, but many other things are too.

Rage is easier to overcome than outright disappointment though. Xbox One is a textbook example - initial feedback was very negative but MS won people over. On the flip side, no one ever got over the WiiU missing out on ports.

Teeqoz said:
fleischr said:

No, I got your point, but you were twisting reality to make your point a but more rosy than it is.

I'm not saying WiiU would have beat X1 and PS4 in these conditions - I'm saying it would have been more competitive.

It's not to make anything rosy - it's to draw some parrallels to the WiiU and NX launches and their software delivery cycles. It's a problem I think they're trying to solve, but they may not succeed. Naturally Nintendo understands something about their failure with the WiiU and try to correct those mistakes with NX. Hence NX and Zelda get delayed - 6 months out.

fleischr said:
Teeqoz said:

I'm not saying WiiU would have beat X1 and PS4 in these conditions - I'm saying it would have been more competitive.

It's not to make anything rosy - it's to draw some parrallels to the WiiU and NX launches and their software delivery cycles. It's a problem I think they're trying to solve, but they may not succeed. Naturally Nintendo understands something about their failure with the WiiU and try to correct those mistakes with NX. Hence NX and Zelda get delayed - 6 months out.

You literally wrote stuff like "Mario Kart 8 may 2014 --- back 6 months -> first holiday title for the Wii U"

And tons of other things related to time of release ("Mario Ultra Smash something something somethin, less insulting if it's not a holiday title"). I'm saying time and period of release for these titles wouldn't change one bit if the same thing that happened with the NX happened to the Wii U. Watch Dogs would still release 6 months after it's first release, Star Fox Zero would still release in april 2016, etc. The Wii U would just release later.

Pavolink said:
Culipechi said:

Oh, because the NX is the same thing as the Wii U. Everything indicates that this time they do have a plan.

Everything like missing the holidays because they need more time to have a solid launch line-up, delaying an already delayed game developed for the Wii U to be the big launch game on the new platform, and finally left your current console in its biggest drought. Yeah, a plan...

So you are telling me that Nintendo as a company does not have a plan? 

Culipechi said:
Pavolink said:

Everything like missing the holidays because they need more time to have a solid launch line-up, delaying an already delayed game developed for the Wii U to be the big launch game on the new platform, and finally left your current console in its biggest drought. Yeah, a plan...

So you are telling me that Nintendo as a company does not have a plan? 

I guess you left the irony for your own sake. Good. I'm telling you that a plan for Nintendo is useless unless they get on the main board people competent enough to do a good plan in the first place, and then execute it accordingly.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile