By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Zelda UNX will be the best exclusive of the 3 consoles according to metacritic

No... GOW4 10 3.50%

No... Uncharted 4 100 34.97%

Yes...it's zelda, duh!. 176 61.54%

Total:286
onionberry said:

Metacritic is not relevant when everybody has an opinion, I know. anyways, just for the thread.

But why I say this? Because according to every quote, Aonuma wants to top ocarina of time, he don't want to be the shadow of Miyamoto anymore.

Well, maybe Miyamoto chose Aonuma because he knew Aonuma would only be his shadow. 

About your prediction. As long as Aonuma is in charge, no. 

Around the Network

If the overworld in Zelda feels lively with a lot of secrets and useful stuff to find (kinda like a super big 3D version of A Link Between World's or A Link to the Past's overworlds), with great memorable side quests and NPC's and fantastic dungeons like OoT/TP it will completely slay the others. And sometimes it feels that people talk of Aonuma like if all his games were complete turds which couldn't be more false, Majora's Mask/Wind Waker/Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword are great games.

Slarvax said:

I like what another user (I thought it was Anfebious...) said in response to Aonuma's ideas on Zelda U/NX. He wants to take back everything he did to the series. Brilliant.

Edit: it was Anfebious! He wrote on my article xD http://www.vgchartz.com/article/264276/nintendo-reveals-e3-2016-plans/

I don't want him to take back Majora's Mask. Hell, or even WW! The latter has some problems but they were incredibly well made, mostly open Zelda games (or at least no less closed off than LttP/OoT). 

Even TP and SS deserve to exist even if they trended more linear because they were shooting for a wider audience. I think Aonuma has finally realized that the audience won't change significantly from game to game - Zelda has one of the most static and reliable core audiences around. 

But then he also has taken five years on this game so I don't fully believe he's learned his lesson JUST yet. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

HylianYoshi said:

I believe that Eiji Aonuma can top Ocarina of Time with Zelda U. Not in terms of Metacritic (that's not the world we live in these days) but in general, yes. Not that he surely will, but that he possibly could.

Agreed.

I would have actually given rather good odds before Uncharted 4. Now, even if it's an incredible game, it could fall short.

I feel that there's enough people who simply don't care for Nintendo games, prefer photo realistic visuals, or don't like whatever controller the NX winds up using that even if it is indeed an amazing game, there's just almost no chance it'll top Uncharted 4.

Around the Network
Wright said:

I pretty much doubt it. I don't really see this Zelda game doing much better than other iterations post-OoT.

Totally agreed. The fact that essentially every mainline Zelda game has basically followed the primary footprint of Ocarina of Time proves this. Additions have been added and improvements made, but the foundation is still very much similar to Ocarina which is one of the best games ever made. It will be very hard for Zelda UNX to top Uncharted 4 in the Metacritic though....

onionberry said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Does that mean you're predicting a 100 metascore?

101 to be exact!

Wonderful 101 to be more exact!

If U4 stays where it's at, I certainly wouldn't bet on it. It's possible, but I don't think it'll happen.

Of course people and nostalgia will make it so it's impossible for them to like a different Zelda game over OoT, but I feel like Zelda U is going to be groundbreaking and will be wildly accepted as the best Zelda game ever made. Expecting around a 95-98 Meta though. And this is all based off of my personal speculation and the fact Aonuma seems extremely confident.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

No way it cant top Ocarina Of Time, actually nothing can't stop Ocarina Of Time because we talking about first generation of 3D games. But definatly can easily top Uncharted 4.

For poeple who saying Zelda will not top U4 few facts, U4 has 94 score and thats exatly same score that worst reviewed 3D Zelda has, also new Zelda looks like it will be one of best Zelda games ever. So I say that new Zelda will be best reviewed game this gen (except if someone like GameSpot give 8 and say some stupid reason, like they gave DK TF 6 and said its to hard).