By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Bought An Entire Channel 4 Commercial Break For Uncharted 4

Fans of Gogglebox – the bizarrely popular British television show which shows people watching, er, television – will be in for a treat this evening: Sony has bought the entire first ad block during tonight's episode on Channel 4. According to a press release, it will use the time to run a live Twitter competition, while showing off a large chunk of uninterrupted Uncharted 4: A Thief's End gameplay.

"We believe Uncharted 4 is the best-looking game ever made, which is a bold statement and one we want to reinforce," said group marketing manager Lauren Bradley. "The ad break takeover with Channel 4 has given us the perfect format for doing so and showing off this extraordinary game to its fullest."

Those who participate in the live competition will be in the running to win a "treasure trove" of PlayStation prizes. The victors will be announced during an ad break later in the show. The partnership doesn't end there, however, as the platform holder has also created some Uncharted-themed idents which will be running on the channel today. It did a similar thing for the PlayStation 4 launch.

Gogglebox may not be the sort of show associated with gamers, but we think that's probably the point. The high ratings programme presumably targets families, and with Sony's comments about the visual fidelity, we reckon that it's probably trying to sell the game to Mum and Dad so that Little Timmy doesn't have to work hard to convince them to purchase a PlayStation 4 for his birthday.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2016/05/sonys_bought_an_entire_channel_4_commercial_break_for_uncharted_4

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

The Game of the Year 2016 is coming next week. Cant wait.
Uncharted 4, amazing work @ Naughty Dog / Sony

"We believe Uncharted 4 is the best-looking game ever made, which is a bold statement and one we want to reinforce,"

I have a hard time thinking of anything that actually looks better.
So they probably arnt that far off the mark.

Might be tempted to check it out actually. Although spending that much seems questionable when it is already so well known and advertised

KazumaKiryu said:

Not sure, Persona 5 can still release in 2016 in the US :P

(but yeah, can't wait for my copy of Uncharted 4 either!)

Around the Network
Faelco said:
KazumaKiryu said:

Not sure, Persona 5 can still release in 2016 in the US :P

(but yeah, can't wait for my copy of Uncharted 4 either!)

oh right !!! Persona 5, its possible = ) But its hard versus the Uncharted 4-Masterpiece ^^ its exciting = )

Driveclub and The Order are the only I think that comes close to it's visuals, damn.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

What the hell is that show roflmao

JRPGfan said:
"We believe Uncharted 4 is the best-looking game ever made, which is a bold statement and one we want to reinforce,"

The Order looks significantly more technically impressive.

spemanig said:
JRPGfan said:

The Order looks significantly more technically impressive.

Significantly?No.Does it look better yes but significantly is bs.