By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Inductees To Video Game All Of Fame!

Huh, I didn't know the video game hall of fame was a thing.

Anyway, all good choices, although I would have voted Street Fighter II in ahead of Sonic or Oregon Trail.

Around the Network

"Contenders that missed the final cut were: John Madden Football (...)"

Thank god.

Acevil said:
Anfebious said:
I can't belive Zelda wasn't on this "hall of fame" before, it should have been the first game to be included! The original Zelda game is possibly one of the best videogames ever created (and one of the most influential too).

It is a very short list at the moment. 

It's also a very new one, I had no idea. Kinda lame that only 6 games get chosen every year though!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Dragon Quest needs to be in there soon. Its the grandfather of the modern JRPG. I feel its more important than FF in that regard

As for next year I feel these would be correct:

Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy, Civilization (Think 2 is more deserving), Street Fighter II, Pokemon Red and Green, Half Life, Metroid.

Around the Network

Great list. Love that Sonic still gets some love :)
Each of these games brought something new and interesting to the table at the time of their release, so a much deserved honor for them.

Pokemon when?

Yeah, all games that fit right in I feel. I haven't played GTA3 nor the Sims, but I can recognize they were big games that were really successful in the industry and carved their names in it.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Agree with most of the list

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Zelda wasn't already up there?

Welp, at least it's up now.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Miguel_Zorro said:
If you guys want to try Oregon Trail, it's free online.
https://archive.org/details/msdos_Oregon_Trail_Deluxe_The_1992

Obviously, the game has aged a bit. But at the time many of the concepts were groundbreaking.

Absolutely, taught distances, taught about life back then, major landmarks, illnesses and other dangers etc.... I loved that game.