By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Review Thread - MC: 93 / GR: 92.70%

Tagged games:

method114 said:
Volterra_90 said:

It's an 8.8. That's not a bad score at all XD.

Jim Sterling gave the game a 8.5 and gamers are turning wild in that review. Just calm down XD.

I consider 8.5 and above a very good score for a game.

Of course. I'd say 8 and above if you ask me. There're always differences in the way we appreciate a game, that applies to reviewers. But an 8.5, 8.8 are always great scores! Another thing is if the reviewer said something ridiculous, which happens sometimes XD. The score itself is not bad at all. My main problem with UC games is the main character. I played UC2 and I think he's a psycho-killer XD. I had that problem too with Watch Dogs.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Azzanation said:

This game will get 100 reviews. IGN has given it an 8.8 so far for the campaign which is exactly my estimate.

Let's say the game gets 100 reviews. In order for the game to end up with an 88 average, those last 38 reviews would have to give it an average score of 78.

The game currently doesn't have a score that low.

I am not wishing upon a bad review but it only takes 1 troll review to ruin its 90s meta. Forza Horizon 2 reviewed a 2/10 out of its 85 reviews. Uncharted 4 will most likely gain another 30 reviews for its AAA appearence. You never know. As for the score 8.8 is what i guessed from IGN for its campaign (Dont care for the MP)

8.8 is still fantastic. Metacritic has become a joke lately. MGS5 sits on a 93 and that game was not by any means a GOTY game.  UC4 might still sit in the 90s and i would say its lowest could be a 8.8 but i think a 9.2 is reasonable.

Volterra_90 said:
method114 said:

I consider 8.5 and above a very good score for a game.

Of course. I'd say 8 and above if you ask me. There're always differences in the way we appreciate a game, that applies to reviewers. But an 8.5, 8.8 are always great scores! Another thing is if the reviewer said something ridiculous, which happens sometimes XD. The score itself is not bad at all. My main problem with UC games is the main character. I played UC2 and I think he's a psycho-killer XD. I had that problem too with Watch Dogs.

And yet she scored ROTTR 9.3 when that character goes from helpless researcher to mass-murderer in 5 minutes.

Bryank75 said:
Volterra_90 said:

And yet she scored ROTTR 9.3 when that character goes from helpless researcher to mass-murderer in 5 minutes.

Yeah, they're both insane if you ask me. Both killing because of the treasure XD. In that sense they're pretty much alike.

Wright said:

Oh, wow, an 8.8! Call the police everyone, such a low score won't be tolerated! The game is being low-balled!

Pre order cancelled.  Playstation sold. 

Around the Network
Wright said:

Oh, wow, an 8.8! Call the police everyone, such a low score won't be tolerated! The game is being low-balled!

8.8/10. Too many quips.

Volterra_90 said:
lonerism said:
wtf is that 8.8 from IGN???

Jesus Christ, this stupid site should be banned from metacritic

Jim Sterling gave the game a 8.5 and gamers are turning wild in that review. Just calm down XD.

Sorry, I was talking about the "review in progress" actually

lonerism said:
Volterra_90 said:

Sorry, I was talking about the "review in progress" actually

Oh, OK. I guess they're waiting for the online funcionalities.

patronmacabre said:
Wright said:

8.8/10. Too many quips.

8.8/10. Metascore too high. 

Normchacho said:
Azzanation said:

This game will get 100 reviews. IGN has given it an 8.8 so far for the campaign which is exactly my estimate.

Let's say the game gets 100 reviews. In order for the game to end up with an 88 average, those last 38 reviews would have to give it an average score of 78.

The game currently doesn't have a score that low.

I Was surprised when i first see the Metacritic Score, i was expecting atleast a Yellow score from some site, but every single score is a Green score.