By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. May bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Well, most people wanted ice cream. What kind?

Mint-endo Chocolate Chip 18 7.35%

Sonyberry 157 64.08%

Microsoft serve 17 6.94%

Cookies and Dreamcast 19 7.76%

Vanilla 16 6.53%

Organic and pun-free, thank you 18 7.35%

Total:245

7 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#16 XB1 Three Game Bundle (down 2)
#19 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle 
(down 2)
#46 XB1 1TB Three Game Bundle (new entry)
#66 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 13) 

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only)
#24 PS4 No Man's Sky (down 2)

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

2 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#17 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle 
(up 1)
#19 XB1 Three Game Bundle (down 8)
#69 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 8) 
#86 PS4 Fool's Edition (re-entry)

#23 PS4 No Man's Sky (up 2)

I've updated earlier than usual because I find this situation incredible. If this isn't just a temporary blip, I really do think the XB1 could be heading into WiiU territory. A deal like that should lead to more than a few hours above the PS4. Other than giving XB1s away, what more can MS do?

They just killed their image early on, and apparently not as many people care about BC, as MS thinks. They definitely need to release more and better games, if they even want to have a chance this gen, rather than focusing on bringing people more of their back catalog, that they can now play, imo. Let's face it, the game selection of first party titles, has been pretty lacking and underwhelming, so far this this gen, from MS, imo. 

Whelp, we've finally found out what it takes for the One to outsell the ps4 on Amazon for a few days. All it has to come with is:

A: A bigger hard drive. 

B. A five-game bundle. 

C. An extra controller. 

D. A $50 gift card. 

So MS has a blueprint now :)

Sixteenvolt420 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

2 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#17 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle 
(up 1)
#19 XB1 Three Game Bundle (down 8)
#69 XB1 Gears Bundle (down 8) 
#86 PS4 Fool's Edition (re-entry)

#23 PS4 No Man's Sky (up 2)

I've updated earlier than usual because I find this situation incredible. If this isn't just a temporary blip, I really do think the XB1 could be heading into WiiU territory. A deal like that should lead to more than a few hours above the PS4. Other than giving XB1s away, what more can MS do?

They just killed their image early on, and apparently not as many people care about BC, as MS thinks. They definitely need to release more and better games, if they even want to have a chance this gen, rather than focusing on bringing people more of their back catalog, that they can now play, imo. Let's face it, the game selection of first party titles, has been pretty lacking and underwhelming, so far this this gen, from MS, imo. 

The Biggest problem is that Windows 10 thing, If even Microsoft send their exclusives for the PC why a Third Party company would make a Exclusivity deal with the Xbox ?.

Ariakon said:

Whelp, we've finally found out what it takes for the One to outsell the ps4 on Amazon for a few days. All it has to come with is:

A: A bigger hard drive. 

B. A five-game bundle. 

C. An extra controller. 

D. A $50 gift card. 

So MS has a blueprint now :)

But they can manage to stay in the top for a whole week ?.

Around the Network

4 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#15 XB1 Three Game Bundle (up 1)
#19 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle 
(same)
#59 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 7) 
#62 XB1 1TB Three Game Bundle (down 16)
#67 XB1 Name Your Game Bundle (new entry)
#100 PS4 Fool's Edition (re-entry)

SOFTWARE
(pre-orders only)
#21 PS4 No Man's Sky (up 3)

Perhaps there's a corrolation between these insane deals and the recent deluge of MS leaks. Clearing out stock ready for new consoles isn't beyond the realm of possibility.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

4 hours since last update:

Perhaps there's a corrolation between these insane deals and the recent deluge of MS leaks. Clearing out stock ready for new consoles isn't beyond the realm of possibility.

The Xbox One slim, and that Xbox One mini console (streaming) at 175$.

Overwatch is a truly beast

So with the recent rumor of a $175 xb1 slim; how do you guys think it would fair against a ps4 or ps4 neo in the US if it comes true.

jason1637 said:
So with the recent rumor of a $175 xb1 slim; how do you guys think it would fair against a ps4 or ps4 neo in the US if it comes true.

I think you're confusing some rumors. Regarding the $175 Xbox he sad something like this: Second Xbox streaming device (~$150 -> ~$175): a bit bigger than the chromecast-like device but "not an Xbox One crammed into a tiny box". This is more of a replacement for those who would buy 360 as a media box in 2015. He thinks this device will leverage the Windows Store to play "lightweight" games. Things like Hitman: Go rather than Rise of the Tomb Raider.

He talks about it here at 7:52 until about 9:47 https://youtu.be/EQnTcwe1t5U?t=7m52s