By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will the NX outsell the WiiU?

Wavebeam72 said:
thismeintiel said:

I believe it will, but not by very much. Maybe 20M. The interest in Nintendo consoles is dying. Just no way to refute that. And ever since the Wii, they seem stuck in the same strategy, trying desperately to reclaim that fire. Creating a controller gimmick, coupled with HW that would have been competitive power-wise last gen.

And if the more realistic rumors are right, they're doing the same exact thing with the NX. A controller with an HD screen, which may double as a HH console, with the console itself being on par with the PS4 OG. Some rumors even suggesting more inline with the XBO. That will only excite the Nintendo faithful, whose numbers continue to decline.

Of course, the biggest reason the NX will not be a huge success was launched in 2013. The PS4 is this gen's king. It's still doing great and has only seen a $50 price cut since launch. This year it'll be dropping even lower, probably to $299 or possibly even to $249 with the launch of the Neo. It's just going to have great momentum, something that's hard to compete against. Speaking of the Neo, if the rumors are true, and the soon to be standard PS4 is actually quite a bit more powerful than the NX, it'll look even more like last gen.

Nintendo launching when a gen is 3/4 of the way through, with underpowered HW to actually compete with the next true gen just isn't cutting it. It also means when a PS5 launches in 2019, NX is going to look completely outdated and its 3rd party support will suffer.

hahahahaha. You're so ridiculous it's almost pitiful. I hope you're trolling, because if you're serious, well, good luck.

Zero, is that you?

Around the Network

I consulted my magic 8 ball. It said, "reply hazy, ask again later." Even my magic 8 ball knows that this is a ridiculous question right now.

bigtakilla said

I would say N64 was probably the worst console. If you can name 10 other games than Mario 64 and OOT then you are probably better than most. 

Meanwhile, I can name 10 games that were considered absolute masterpieces other than Galaxy and Skyward Sword.

Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Perfect Dark, Golden Eye 007, Wave Race 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64, Rayman 2, Rogue Squadron, Paper Mario, Starfox 64, Majora's Mask...

Depends on what it is. But going with the home console expectations, no, i don't think it will. Who will buy it knowing it can be over within 3-4 years with litte software support? Theres no garantee that 3rd parties will jump in either.

Conina said:
bigtakilla said

I would say N64 was probably the worst console. If you can name 10 other games than Mario 64 and OOT then you are probably better than most. 

Meanwhile, I can name 10 games that were considered absolute masterpieces other than Galaxy and Skyward Sword.

Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Perfect Dark, Golden Eye 007, Wave Race 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64, Rayman 2, Rogue Squadron, Paper Mario, Starfox 64, Majora's Mask...

The bomberman on N64 was the best I played that forever with friends, many of the games you mentioned also have co up, N64 with its 4 controller ports was the best party console at the time, and it had the games for it! sutch a gem

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network
Conina said:
bigtakilla said

You're better at remembering N64 games then most then.

It will outsell the X1, so yes it will in turn outsell the WiiU.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

If it is aimed at the handheld and home console market, there is no doubt it will outsell Wii U. If it is aimed solely at the home console market it should still outsell Wii U, though one can't be quite as certain without the handheld market to help it along.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

bigtakilla said:
Conina said:

You're better at remembering N64 games then most then.

Actually he's not, games like Golden Eye 007, Mario Kart 64, Banjo Kazooie, Zelda MM, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Diddy Kong Racing...are very well known games and one of best games of that gen. N64 had very small library but number of great hits N64 had with such a small library is outstanding. Thats also reason why N64 is my favorite console ever.

Will the NX outsell the WiiU!?

Easily!